|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Saul throw at David in Chapter 4?
2. What portion of God's being from the Prologue does David possess?
(a) The seed.
(b) The light.
(c) The throne.
(d) The cloth.
3. God's two portions of his being are an example of the literary technique of what?
4. Who is Goliath?
(a) David's older brother.
(b) The sage.
(c) A 9 foot giant.
(d) David's younger brother.
5. Who does David deliver messages to?
(a) His brothers.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
6. "A Tale of Three Kings" is classified as what type of literature?
(a) A short story.
(b) A play.
(c) A novel.
(d) A poem.
7. Which of the following is NOT a power of the cloth of God's nature?
(a) To declare war on enemy armies.
(b) To subdue armies.
(c) To accomplish God's work on the earth.
(d) To shame the enemies of God.
8. According to the Prologue, what three elements must God's second portion be mixed lavishly with?
(a) Pleasure, joy and praise.
(b) Pain, sorrow and crushing.
(c) Lust, fulfillment and craving.
(d) Bliss, satisfaction and gratification.
9. What color is David's hair?
10. Who are the first two characters introduced in the book?
(a) Gabriel and Recorder.
(b) The two unborn destinies.
(c) God and Gabriel.
(d) David and Saul.
11. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
12. What does the Sage do to David in Chapter 2?
(a) Captures him.
(b) Injures him.
(c) Befriends him.
(d) Anoints him.
13. What is Gabriel?
(a) A god.
(b) An unborn destiny.
(c) A fiend.
(d) An angel.
14. What promotion does Jesse give to David?
(a) He makes David a soldier.
(b) He makes David a messenger.
(c) He makes David a shepherd.
(d) He makes David a carpenter.
15. According to the author in Chapter 6, which character in A Tale of Three Kings acts in a way that he believes God would want him to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the two unborn destinies one day become?
2. What is Jesse's profession?
3. What are the spears a symbol of?
4. God's first portion touches only the what?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 5, the author reveals that God has a what?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)