|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, how can you tell when someone has been hit by a spear?
(a) He has puncture wounds.
(b) He has blood on himself.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He turns a deep shade of bitter.
2. Who is Saul?
(a) David's brother.
(b) David's son.
(c) The mad king.
(d) A friend of David's.
3. Essentially, David enrolls into the school of what at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What is the cloth of God's nature compared to?
(a) Snow surrounding a person in the mountains.
(b) Sand surrounding a person in the desert.
(c) Water surrounding a person in the sea.
(d) Sharks surrounding a person in the ocean.
5. Who runs to David at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
6. The Prologue states that when the cloth of God's nature is wrapped about you, it clothes you with the __________ of God.
7. Who is Goliath?
(a) The sage.
(b) A 9 foot giant.
(c) David's older brother.
(d) David's younger brother.
8. The mad king sees David as a what to the king's kingdom?
9. According to the author in Chapter 4, what right does a king have?
(a) To overrule God.
(b) To throw rocks.
(c) To throw spears.
(d) To have multiple wives.
10. Gabriel carries two glowing, pulsating lights of what?
11. What items does David bring with him while he tends to the sheep?
(a) A sling shot and a camera.
(b) A sling shot and an instrument.
(c) A sling shot and some pebbles.
(d) A bow and arrow, and a sling shot.
12. According to the author, what can kith and kin not always tell?
(a) What family a man came from.
(b) A man's date of birth.
(c) When a man is married.
(d) When a man is grown.
13. What are the spears a symbol of?
14. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
15. What job do Jesse's oldest sons have?
(a) They work in the shop.
(b) They work on the farm.
(c) They give camel rides.
(d) They deliver groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music does David sing in Chapter 1?
2. According to the author, who should decide what kingdoms survive which threats?
3. Who is David speaking to when he says, "I am your shepherd, and God is mine"?
4. According to the author in Chapter 6, when one throws a thrown spear back, they prove all of the following, except for what?
5. How many sons does Jesse have?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)