|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is this story fictionalized from?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Confucian Texts.
(c) Song of the Angel.
2. God's second portion is the only element in the universe that can change the human what?
3. According to the author in Chapter 6, if one throws a thrown spear back, they are also a candidate for what?
4. The mad king sees David as a what to the king's kingdom?
5. What is the overall mood of the Prologue?
6. Who does David deliver messages to?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His brothers.
7. According to the author, who should decide what kingdoms survive which threats?
(b) The king.
(c) The townsmen.
8. Who says, "Ere your earthly pilgrimage is done, your true character will be known"?
(b) An unborn destiny.
9. What is the setting of Chapter 1?
10. Who is Saul?
(a) A friend of David's.
(b) David's brother.
(c) David's son.
(d) The mad king.
11. What will the two unborn destinies one day become?
12. Who is David?
(a) Jesse's youngest son.
(b) Jesse's father.
(c) Jesse's middle son.
(d) Jesse's oldest son.
13. What is David's job?
(a) To wash the sheep.
(b) To watch over the sheep.
(c) To sell the sheep.
(d) To shave the sheep.
14. What are the spears a symbol of?
15. Eventually, David finds himself in the palace of who?
(a) A bipolar king.
(b) A friendly king.
(c) A mad king.
(d) A confused king.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A Tale of Three Kings" is classified as what type of literature?
2. Who taught David the song that is everyone in the palace's favorite?
3. What does David target with his sling shot?
4. What is the theme of the Prologue?
5. According to the author in Chapter 6, which character in A Tale of Three Kings acts in a way that he believes God would want him to?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)