|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what are the students and faculty amazed to see racing towards the institution?
(a) An ice cream truck.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A plague of frogs.
(d) A golden carriage.
2. In Chapter 2, why does Brystal want to work in the library so badly?
(a) The boy she likes works there.
(b) She loves the wood smell of the library.
(c) She knows it is the only way she will be able to access books.
(d) She thinks it will make her father proud of her.
3. In Chapter 6, how long does it take Brystal to get to the place she is taken following her trial?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five days.
(d) One month.
4. In Chapter 7, what is the title of Madame Weatherberry's book?
(a) The Book of Magic.
(b) The Truth About Magic.
(c) Photon Magic.
(d) Magical Misgivings.
5. In Chapter 6, where is Brystal taken when she leaves her trial?
(a) The Bog.
(b) The Bootstrap Correctional Facility for Troubled Young Women.
(c) The Lowlands.
(d) The Highlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the place where Brystal is taken following her trial?
2. What does Madame Weatherberry tell King Champion about the nature of magical practice in the Prologue?
3. In Chapter 2, how much does the job Brystal is applying for pay per week?
4. In Chapter 6, what do all the girls eat?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Justice Oldragaid do to Brystal when she arrives in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Brooks tell Brystal about her case in court?
2. In the Prologue, what does Madame Weatherberry propose to King Champion upon her visit to his castle?
3. In the Prologue, what are the terms and conditions King Champion sets for Madame Weatherberry's request?
4. In Chapter 2, what job does Brystal apply for and why does she apply for it?
5. In the Prologue, what does Madame Weatherberry tell King Champion about the difference between witchcraft and magic?
6. In Chapter 5, who is Brystal shocked to see brought to her jail cell and why is that person there?
7. In Chapter 8, what does Xanthous think about his own abilities when Madame Weatherberry first approaches him?
8. In Chapter 1, why does Justice Evergreen get so upset at Brystal?
9. In Chapter 1, what does Brooks do to Barrie at breakfast?
10. In Chapter 1, what is Brystal helping her brother Barrie with?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)