|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, which of the following does the banner in the institution Brystal is taken to after her trail say "good girls" never do?
(a) Ask questions.
(c) Start fires.
(d) Eat more than their share.
2. In Chapter 7, what pulls Madame Weatherberry's carriage?
3. In Chapter 2, how much money does Brystal offer to do the job she is applying for for?
(a) Ten gold coins per week.
(b) One gold coin per week.
(c) Five gold coins per week.
(d) Three gold coins per week.
4. In Chapter 8, who is the student in the In-Between living with?
(a) The goblins.
(b) The knights.
(c) The dwarfs.
(d) The ghosts.
5. In the Prologue, which two girls accompany Madame Weatherberry on her visit?
(a) Lucy and Brystal.
(b) Tangerina and Skylene.
(c) Emerelda and Lucy.
(d) Brystal and Lucille.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who is Brystal's one friend at the institution?
2. In Chapter 6, what do the members of the faculty eat?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Brystal eat in Madame Weatherberry's carriage?
4. Who is the leader of the Northern Kingdom?
5. In Chapter 2, what job does Brystal see a posting for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what job does Brystal apply for and why does she apply for it?
2. In Chapter 1, why does Justice Evergreen get so upset at Brystal?
3. In the Prologue, what does Madame Weatherberry propose to King Champion upon her visit to his castle?
4. In the Prologue, what happens to King Champion's mother when he is a child?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Xanthous think about his own abilities when Madame Weatherberry first approaches him?
6. In Chapter 7, how do the Edgars react when Madame Weatherberry tells them she is taking Brystal away?
7. In the Prologue, what convinces King Champion that the practice of magic is not a choice?
8. In the Prologue, what are the terms and conditions King Champion sets for Madame Weatherberry's request?
9. In Chapter 6, where is Brystal sent for her punishment?
10. In Chapter 1, what is Brystal helping her brother Barrie with?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)