|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Wallace get off the boat in Mexico?
(a) He is agoraphobic.
(b) He wants to sleep.
(c) He doesn't want to look like a tourist.
(d) He has a better view.
2. What frightens Wallace about his bathroom?
(a) The slippery tiles.
(b) The water pressure.
(c) The electrical outlets.
(d) The vacuum toilet.
3. What does Wallace think will happen to Arquette because of "Lost Highway"?
(a) She will stop acting.
(b) She will become wildly successful.
(c) She will never be hired again.
(d) She will gain some respect.
4. Why doesn't Wallace get seasick?
(a) Because he's immune to motion sickness.
(b) Because the ship is steady.
(c) Because he's an experienced sailor.
(d) Because he suffers from other types of motion sickness.
5. How does the porter react to Wallace carrying his own bag?
(a) He insists on taking it.
(b) He tries to stop him.
(c) He lets him.
(d) He scolds Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the stadiums empty during Joyce's qualifying matches?
2. How does Wallace feel about the cruise director, Scott Peterson?
3. Wallace describes an exchange between the hero and the villain in "Blue Velvet." What is Lynch showing the audience through this scene?
4. When did Wallace's style of tennis become less effective?
5. Wallace uses Borg as an example of ________ tennis style.
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Wallace give credit to Lynch's critics? What is his opinion of them?
2. Does Wallace believe he could have been a great tennis player? Why or why not?
3. Was the brochure for the cruise ship misleading? What does Wallace observe about this?
4. What does Wallace feel elderly people and the cruise ship have in common? Does he feel these two are an appropriate pairing?
5. How is morality a question in Lynch's films?
6. Is Wallace in good company in enjoying the activities on the ship?
7. Why does Wallace sit alone at breakfast on the cruise ship?
8. Why does Wallace time his absences from his cabin?
9. Why doesn't Wallace participate in many of the activities on the ship?
10. Why does Wallace say he is on the fence about Lynch casing Richard Pryor?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)