|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallace feels ______ when walking through the boat during the storm.
2. What does Wallace realize about the brochure for the cruise when he boards the ship?
(a) It was too modest.
(b) It was over exaggerated.
(c) It didn't over exaggerate.
(d) It was advertising a different ship.
3. How does the porter react to Wallace carrying his own bag?
(a) He lets him.
(b) He scolds Wallace.
(c) He tries to stop him.
(d) He insists on taking it.
4. Why is Wallace's assigned breakfast table empty?
(a) No one likes him.
(b) Everyone else stayed up late.
(c) He arrives late.
(d) He scared the others off.
5. What does the Dreamward have more of than the Nadir?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the Nadir has changed Wallace?
2. Why doesn't Wallace participate in the hypnotism?
3. Based on the brochure, what does Wallace anticipate he will do on the cruise?
4. Wallace compares the brochure's affect to a ________.
5. When looking at the Dreamward, what does Wallace want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wallace feel elderly people and the cruise ship have in common? Does he feel these two are an appropriate pairing?
2. Does Wallace give credit to Lynch's critics? What is his opinion of them?
3. What is Ellery supposed to represent?
4. Throughout his time on the ship, does Wallace have good self-esteem? Why or why not?
5. How is morality a question in Lynch's films?
6. How does Wallace feel about his Celebrity Cruise assignment?
7. Does Lynch's ex-wife have any role in the film? What is her relation to "Lost Highway"?
8. According to Wallace, why is Joyce a professional tennis player?
9. When the ship docks in Cozumel, Mexico, why doesn't Wallace get off the ship?
10. Why does Wallace say he is on the fence about Lynch casing Richard Pryor?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)