|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wallace enjoys having a clean cabin, but feels like a _______.
2. What church activity on the ship does no one participate in?
(a) Wedding vow renewals.
3. Why does Wallace describe Joyce in great detail to the reader?
(a) Because he assumes the reader doesn't know who Joyce is.
(b) Because Joyce changed his name.
(c) Because Joyce is a recluse.
(d) Because he didn't even know who Joyce was.
4. When Wallace carries his own bag, what happens to the porter?
(a) He's put to work.
(b) He's ignored.
(c) He's disciplined.
(d) He's fired.
5. Which player does Wallace explain is the most famous of the contemporary power baseline players?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the porter react to Wallace carrying his own bag?
2. Wallace compares the brochure's affect to a ________.
3. Where is Asymmetrical Productions conveniently located for Lynch?
4. Scott Peterson's story about his wife turns out not to be a story but a _______.
5. What deeper truth about the cruise line does Conroy's essay reveal to Wallace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Wallace give credit to Lynch's critics? What is his opinion of them?
2. Does Lynch's ex-wife have any role in the film? What is her relation to "Lost Highway"?
3. Was the brochure for the cruise ship misleading? What does Wallace observe about this?
4. Throughout his time on the ship, does Wallace have good self-esteem? Why or why not?
5. What is Ellery supposed to represent?
6. Does Wallace enjoy ordering room service on the cruise ship? Why or why not?
7. Why does Wallace explain Michael Joyce to the reader?
8. Why is the stadium at Joyce's qualifying match relatively empty?
9. Why does Wallace say he is on the fence about Lynch casing Richard Pryor?
10. Why does Lynch rarely use minorities in his films?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)