|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wallace describe Joyce in great detail to the reader?
(a) Because Joyce is a recluse.
(b) Because he didn't even know who Joyce was.
(c) Because he assumes the reader doesn't know who Joyce is.
(d) Because Joyce changed his name.
2. What theme does Richard Pryor uphold for "Lost Highway"?
(a) Family values.
(d) Identity crisis.
3. Wallace compares the brochure's affect to a ________.
(b) Car advertisement.
(c) Uncomfortable chair.
(d) Hot shower.
4. What does Wallace believe Lynch's painting experience has helped him with?
(a) Focusing on the beauty of a scene.
(b) Enhancing subtleties.
(c) Being creative.
(d) Expressing stories without irony.
5. How do the critics view Lynch's painting experience?
(a) They are critical of it.
(b) They think he should have continued it.
(c) They never discuss it.
(d) They feel it detriments his movies.
6. What does Wallace believe the criticism of "Lost Highway" will be over?
(a) The casting.
(b) The attempt.
(c) The language.
(d) The length.
7. Wallace believes the criticism of the "Twin Peaks" prequel as being based on the ________.
(b) Art direction.
8. Wallace explains that both elderly people and cruise ships are in need of tremendous _______.
9. Why does a representative from Guest Relations come to Wallace's cabin?
(a) To inspect his bags.
(b) To invite him to dinner.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To question him.
10. What does Wallace realize about the brochure for the cruise when he boards the ship?
(a) It was advertising a different ship.
(b) It was too modest.
(c) It didn't over exaggerate.
(d) It was over exaggerated.
11. Why doesn't Wallace get seasick?
(a) Because he's immune to motion sickness.
(b) Because he suffers from other types of motion sickness.
(c) Because he's an experienced sailor.
(d) Because the ship is steady.
12. What does the Dreamward have more of than the Nadir?
13. Based on the brochure, what does Wallace anticipate he will do on the cruise?
(a) Learn about sailing.
(d) Lots of labor.
14. When does Wallace receive the cruise ship's tiny newspaper?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) At night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
15. Why doesn't Wallace get off the boat in Mexico?
(a) He is agoraphobic.
(b) He has a better view.
(c) He wants to sleep.
(d) He doesn't want to look like a tourist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "pamper" in the brochure for the cruise ship make him think of?
2. Why does Wallace order so much room service on the ship?
3. What does Wallace think will happen to Arquette because of "Lost Highway"?
4. What does Wallace believe is the cause for Lynch being so poorly received by critics?
5. What about the Dreamward catches Wallace's eye?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)