|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wallace believe audiences will reconsider about Pullman after "Lost Highway"?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His ability to play serious roles.
(c) His comedic abilities.
(d) His ability to act.
2. Wallace explains that despite Joyce's youthful appearance, he wears a ______ expression on his face while playing.
3. What does Wallace observe the passengers on the cruise feel the need to justify?
(a) Their lifestyle.
(b) Their family.
(c) Their self-indulgence.
(d) Their job.
4. When does the maid clean Wallace's cabin?
(a) Every time he leaves his room.
(b) Every day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Whenever he tells her.
5. What is Wallace's favorite feature of the bathroom?
(a) The powerful shower.
(b) The shiny sink.
(c) The big mirror.
(d) The big tub.
6. What does Wallace believe "Lost Highway" will do for Blake's career?
(a) Turn him into a director.
(b) Type-cast him.
(c) End it.
(d) Revive it.
7. Why, according to Wallace, is tennis the most demanding sport?
(a) It requires more funding.
(b) It requires more practice.
(c) It requires calculations of more variables.
(d) It requires more strength.
8. Wallace sees that elderly people and a ship have _______ in common.
9. What about the Nadir has changed Wallace?
(a) The pampering.
(b) The sea sickness.
(c) The poor treatment.
(d) The conversation.
10. How does Wallace treat Winston while playing ping-pong?
(a) He's teasing.
(b) He's very ingratiating.
(c) He's pleasant.
(d) He's harsh.
11. How do the critics view Lynch's painting experience?
(a) They are critical of it.
(b) They never discuss it.
(c) They think he should have continued it.
(d) They feel it detriments his movies.
12. How does Wallace pass the time before boarding the cruise ship?
(b) Talking to others.
(c) Examining the ship.
13. Why is Wallace's assigned breakfast table empty?
(a) Everyone else stayed up late.
(b) He arrives late.
(c) He scared the others off.
(d) No one likes him.
14. Wallace speculates that there might be a _______point to Lynch using his ex-wife's paintings in "Lost Highway."
15. Why doesn't Wallace leave his cabin on the ship?
(a) He's agoraphobic.
(b) He gets sea sick.
(c) He likes his room.
(d) He's antisocial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wallace explain the incident between him and a porter on the ship?
2. Wallace believes the criticism of the "Twin Peaks" prequel as being based on the ________.
3. Wallace compares the brochure's affect to a ________.
4. Why does Wallace lay all his writing material out on his bed?
5. Based on the brochure, what does Wallace anticipate he will do on the cruise?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)