|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the livestock barns of the fair, Wallace observes that horses are _______.
2. After discussing Hix's argument, what is Wallace's final opinion on the argument over "authors"?
(a) It's an endless argument.
(b) It's pointless.
(c) Neither side is right.
(d) It's too confusing.
3. What is the key difference between Wallace and Antitoi?
(a) Wallace is more talented.
(b) Anitioi is stronger.
(c) Antitoi cares about tennis.
(d) Wallace hits the ball as hard as possible.
4. Why does Wallace believe references to pop-culture are necessary?
(a) It makes the work more realistic.
(b) It makes the piece more fun.
(c) It defines the style.
(d) He was paid to say this.
5. Wallace studied Mathematics in college because the straight lines reminded him of what?
(a) Lines of Midwestern geography.
(b) The windows of skyscrapers.
(c) His dreams.
(d) The grids of sudoku.
6. Wallace and other press are transported around the fair on a _______ powered tractor.
7. While on the set of "Lost Highway," why does Wallace rarely see Lynch?
(a) He's in a disguise.
(b) He's in his trailer.
(c) He's never there.
(d) He's busy.
8. What word does Wallace use to define "Lynchian"?
9. Wallace claims that television teaches viewers that _______ is the most important quality in a person.
(a) Being watched.
10. Why does Wallace consider his style of playing tennis as "boring"?
(a) Because he lightly hits it.
(b) Because he doesn't make any noise.
(c) Because he shows no emotion.
(d) Because he hits the ball in the center every time.
11. In the Midwest, how are people supposed to respond to a tornado during a tennis match?
(a) Get under the benches.
(b) Go to a nearby ditch.
(c) Gather together.
(d) Go home.
12. Wallace isn't sure what _____ everyone at the car race is waiting for.
13. What does Wallace believe is the only way for an individual to define "Lynchian"?
(a) By looking it up.
(b) It can't be defined.
(c) By meeting Lynch.
(d) By seeing it.
14. What does Wallace speculate Lynch doesn't intend for "Lost Highway"?
(a) For it to impact anyone.
(b) For it to be successful.
(c) For it to make sense.
(d) For it to win an award.
15. Wallace learns that people enter the Junior Livestock Competition for ______.
(a) Their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing distinguishes a "Kmart Person"?
2. Why does Lynch urinate on trees in the middle of Los Angeles while filming "Lost Highway"?
3. What is Wallace's explanation for why Midwesterners are alienated?
4. After seeing the distressed pigs at the livestock barns, why does Wallace feel hypocritical?
5. What was Image-Fiction a response to?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)