|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 213-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Wallace watch the car race?
(a) It's too noisy.
(b) It's not entertaining.
(c) It's too dangerous.
(d) It's too long.
2. What does Wallace believe Lynch's painting experience has helped him with?
(a) Expressing stories without irony.
(b) Focusing on the beauty of a scene.
(c) Enhancing subtleties.
(d) Being creative.
3. Why does Wallace believe television is primarily detrimental to Americans?
(a) Because they watch so much.
(b) Because they are stupid.
(c) Because it's selfindulgent.
(d) Because it only discusses America.
4. What does Wallace most like about the Expo Building at the state fair?
(a) It's air conditioned.
(b) There's lots of shopping.
(c) It's big.
(d) It's quiet.
5. Why does Lynch urinate on trees in the middle of Los Angeles while filming "Lost Highway"?
(a) Because he likes the shock value.
(b) Because he despises the city.
(c) Because he's too busy to use a bathroom.
(d) Because it's in the movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lynch rarely use minorities in his films?
2. Wallace describes an exchange between the hero and the villain in "Blue Velvet." What is Lynch showing the audience through this scene?
3. The clogger competition leaves Wallace with a sense of a specific ______.
4. How does Wallace describe the public restrooms at the desert competition?
5. After "Dune," why did Lynch begin to work on smaller projects?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)