|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 213-255.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ride is Wallace kicked off of?
(a) A ride meant for the elderly.
(b) A ride meant for small children.
(c) A broken ride.
(d) The one he vomited on.
2. Other than tennis, what does Joyce enjoy?
3. What about Leyner's image-fiction made Wallace wonder if pop-culture is all people have become?
(a) Leyner's heavy use of pop-culture references.
(b) Leyner praises pop-culture.
(c) Leyner is very involved in making pop-culture.
(d) Leyner is a pop-culture character.
4. Why did Wallace have a more difficult time playing tennis in New England?
(a) The courts are bigger.
(b) The people are more competitive.
(c) The rules are different.
(d) The wind was quieter.
5. When does Wallace realize he is no longer a Midwesterner?
(a) When he gets lost on a farm.
(b) When he realizes he can't enjoy the carnival.
(c) When he can't understand the accent.
(d) When he notices he dresses differently.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wallace, how do commercials respond to the pressure for people to stop watching so much television?
2. Why was Wallace sent to the state fair?
3. Who does Wallace believe is the ultimate outsider?
4. Wallace uses McEnroe as an example of ________ tennis style.
5. What does Wallace believe Lynch's painting experience has helped him with?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)