|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 138-183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hix's argument, "Morte d'Author," American post-structuralists argue what about authors?
(a) There are too few.
(b) The definition is wrong.
(c) The concept isn't important.
(d) The concept has some validity.
2. Wallace claims that television teaches viewers that _______ is the most important quality in a person.
(c) Being watched.
3. Why can't Wallace watch the car race?
(a) It's too dangerous.
(b) It's too long.
(c) It's too noisy.
(d) It's not entertaining.
4. Wallace believes fighting technology lies in ________.
5. What does Wallace observe about people dancing at a rock concert?
(a) They're dirty.
(b) They're too old to be dancing.
(c) They're not having as much fun as cloggers.
(d) They're can't dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wallace feel the theme of consumption is appropriate for this state fair?
2. Why does Wallace see the baton twirling competition as dangerous?
3. After seeing the distressed pigs at the livestock barns, why does Wallace feel hypocritical?
4. Why is Wallace able to get into the desert competition at the state fair?
5. According to Wallace, how do commercials respond to the pressure for people to stop watching so much television?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)