|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 138-183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wallace believe is the ultimate outsider?
2. What charity do Brenda Edgar and Ronald McDonald discuss with the press?
(a) A charity for developing countries.
(b) A charity for abused children.
(c) A charity run by the church.
(d) A charity for homeless families.
3. At the livestock barns of the fair, Wallace observes that horses are _______.
4. Wallace learns that people enter the Junior Livestock Competition for ______.
(c) Their parents.
5. Why does Wallace see the baton twirling competition as dangerous?
(a) Because they twirl blindfolded.
(b) Because they twirl very fast.
(c) Because they throw the batons into the crowd.
(d) Because the batons are on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wallace's explanation for why Midwesterners are alienated?
2. Why does Wallace believe television is primarily detrimental to Americans?
3. Wallace explains that "Kmart People" can only be found in ________.
4. Why does Lynch urinate on trees in the middle of Los Angeles while filming "Lost Highway"?
5. On his second day of the desert competition, why does Wallace repeatedly use the bathroom?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)