|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Betsy and Wyant stay behind in Huntington?
(a) To elope.
(b) To get gas for the car.
(c) To eat dinner and see a movie.
(d) To visit with friends.
2. What do Betsy and Josephine tell Phillip about their father's dress and appearance at these clubs?
(a) He is no longer concerned with his looks.
(b) He forgets to tuck his shirt in sometimes.
(c) He still dresses with care and elegance.
(d) He has become sloppy in his appearance.
3. Where do Mr. Carver and his grown daughters have supper on Sunday nights?
(a) The country club.
(b) A local steakhouse.
(c) The local tavern.
(d) The Tennessee Club.
4. What is the name of Phillip's school in Nashville?
(a) Exeter Academy.
(b) Richardson's Academy.
(c) Robertson's Academy.
(d) Seaton-Hall Academy.
5. Where does Mr. Carver always buy his hats?
(c) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George Carver move to Memphis?
2. When does Holly's father die?
3. According to Phillip, how many children do Alex and his wife have?
4. For what reason are the daughters considered the "laughing stock of the town"?
5. What is Phillip certain of in Chapter 8?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)