|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality in himself does Alex say he likes least?
(a) He is an only child.
(b) He is plain Memphis.
(c) He is a poor student.
(d) He is a cheater.
2. What did the two families often do together on Saturdays?
(a) Fox hunt at the nearby forest.
(b) Picnic in the city park.
(c) Ride horses on the Shackleford land.
(d) Swim at the Franklin public pool.
3. Who does Phillip think he has seen entering the Patton Hotel in Chattanooga?
(a) His father.
(b) Alex Mercer.
(d) Betsy and Josephine.
4. What name does Alex use for addressing Mrs. Carver?
(b) Miss MInta.
(d) Mrs. Carver
5. What is Georgie doing during the Saturday outings?
(a) Playing with Phillip.
(b) Sitting by himself.
(c) Talking to his father and Mr. Shackleford.
(d) Playing with children his own age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does George Carver attend college?
2. In what car does Betsy ride during the family's move to Memphis?
3. What adventures do Betsy and Josephine write and tell Phillip about concerning their father?
4. What subject does Alex teach?
5. What do Betsy and Josephine tell Phillip about their father's dress and appearance at these clubs?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)