|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Mr. Carver drive?
(a) A ten year old Rolls.
(b) A five year old Mercedes.
(c) A twenty year old Cadillac.
(d) A fifteen year old convertible.
2. What happens when Mr. and Mrs. Carver, Georgie and Phillip are in St. Louis on business?
(a) Mr. Shackleford loses an envelope containing half a million dollars cash.
(b) Mr. Shackleford disappears with the company assets.
(c) Mr. Shackleford is accused of mortgaging company landholdings.
(d) Mr. Shackleford robs a savings and loan.
3. What does Phillip come to realize his father has yearned for all of his life?
(a) Control and power over others.
(b) Wealth and acclaim.
(c) Individuality and otherness.
(d) Freedom and independence.
4. According to Josephine, why does she not go out onto the dance floor and help her father who is obviously in pain?
(a) She does not want to humiliate and outrage him.
(b) She wants him to suffer.
(c) She does not want to leave her date.
(d) She does not want Betsy to become angry with her.
5. Where do Phillip's sisters live after their father dies?
(a) They move back to Nashville.
(b) They move back to their own homes.
(c) In their father's house.
(d) They move to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the women in town have for George Carver?
2. What gift does Phillip give to Clara a week before her birthday?
3. What does Phillip imagine could interfere next with the peace and quiet of their lives after the death of their fathers?
4. Who does Phillip see on the other side of the restaurant?
5. How long after the move to Nashville does Lewis Shackleford betray Mr. Carver?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)