|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic do Phillip and Holly argue about most often?
(a) Thier apartment.
(c) Their families.
2. Phillip believes Alex cannot see that underneath Betsy and Josephine's stated love for their father lies what other emotion?
3. What kind of car does Mr. Carver drive?
(a) A ten year old Rolls.
(b) A five year old Mercedes.
(c) A twenty year old Cadillac.
(d) A fifteen year old convertible.
4. What is the name of the street on which the family first lives in Memphis?
(a) Shackleford Way.
(b) Thornton Drive.
(c) Huxley Ave.
(d) Stonewall Place.
5. How does Phillip feel about the furnishings in his house?
(a) He is angry at Holly for wanting them.
(b) He does not care about any of them.
(c) He is attached to them.
(d) He is proud of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence for Mr. Carver's mistake that night which is witnessed by Betsy and Joesphine?
2. What sports do the girls take up in Memphis?
3. What does Alex do upon arriving at the front door in Chapter 8?
4. For what reason are the daughters considered the "laughing stock of the town"?
5. How long after the move to Memphis do Betsy and her beau break off their relationship?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)