|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phillip believe his father goes to the same nightclubs as his daughters?
(a) He wants to show his family he is still young.
(b) They are the clubs his daughters talk about to him.
(c) He wants his daughters to see him.
(d) He wants to dance with young women in front of his daughters.
2. To what does Phillip's mother compare the family's move to Memphis?
(a) The trip of a lifetime.
(b) A slow moving wagon train.
(c) The Trail of Tears.
(d) The long and winding road.
3. What does Josephine give Phillip on the day he leaves?
(a) A check and a bus ticket.
(b) A check and a new car.
(c) A train ticket and a lunch basket.
(d) A check and a letter of introduction for an apartment.
4. What does Holly encourage Phillip to focus on in his family?
(a) Hold a family meeting and demand Father's release from his house.
(b) Try confronting his father about all of his anger.
(c) Try seeing his father in such a way as to understand him as a human being.
(d) Go with her to Cleveland to see her father.
5. Where is the Blue Moon?
(c) Vieux Carre.
(d) Old Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Mr. Carver drive?
2. What tone infects Betsy's written description of the people with whom her father is night clubbing?
3. How many of George Carver's children marry?
4. What city is described as a "land oriented" city?
5. Who does Phillip think he has seen entering the Patton Hotel in Chattanooga?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)