|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillip believes Alex cannot see that underneath Betsy and Josephine's stated love for their father lies what other emotion?
2. What does Alex do upon arriving at the front door in Chapter 8?
(a) Drives away without stopping.
(b) He refuses to get out of the car and drives away.
(c) Begins arguing with Horace to move the truck.
(d) Walks in and confronts Betsy and Josephine.
3. Who is Josephine's serious suitor in Memphis?
(a) Alex Dawson.
(b) Clarkson Manning.
(c) Joel Manning.
(d) Samuel Delta.
4. What does Phillip do with the gift he had plans to give to Clara but does not?
(a) Returns it to his mother.
(b) Sells it at a pawn shop.
(c) Keeps it with his valuables.
(d) Mails it to Clara.
5. When Phillip left his home in Memphis for New York, what is his plan?
(a) To leave the south and head for California.
(b) To return to Nashville to live and work.
(c) To leave home and travel to South America to find Clara.
(d) To leave unannounced and establish himself in the rare book business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father think Betsy and Wyant have disappeared from the caravan to Memphis?
2. Why does George Carver move to Memphis?
3. While in high school, what does Phillip begin collecting?
4. Where was Mr. Carver born?
5. What is Phillip certain of in Chapter 8?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)