|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wyant Brawley was a graduate of what college?
(a) University of Tennessee.
2. What do Betsy and Josephine tell Phillip about their father's dress and appearance at these clubs?
(a) He forgets to tuck his shirt in sometimes.
(b) He still dresses with care and elegance.
(c) He is no longer concerned with his looks.
(d) He has become sloppy in his appearance.
3. In Chapter 8, what is one thing Phillip imagines his father will do next?
(a) Begin drinking heavily.
(b) Wait three months for Mrs. Stockwell to return.
(c) Lock himself in his room.
(d) Take a safari to Africa.
4. What does Mr. Carver say to Alex and Phillip after speaking with the minister?
(a) "I want to get home and see what the girls have prepared for me."
(b) "I want to move to Manhattan with you, Phillip."
(c) "I want to get to the airport and see Mrs. Stockwell off."
(d) "I want to stop at the Red Lantern on the way home."
5. Where does Mr. Carver always buy his hats?
(b) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phillip think he has seen entering the Patton Hotel in Chattanooga?
2. How does Phillip begin his description of Mr. Carver and Mr. Shackleford?
3. How do Betsy and Josephine initially react to their father's dating?
4. How does Phillip feel about the furnishings in his house?
5. What is Mr. Carver doing in the car in Chapter 8?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)