|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holly encourage Phillip to focus on in his family?
(a) Hold a family meeting and demand Father's release from his house.
(b) Try confronting his father about all of his anger.
(c) Go with her to Cleveland to see her father.
(d) Try seeing his father in such a way as to understand him as a human being.
2. What is happening at Mr. Carver's home?
(a) The movers are delivering furniture Father had recently purchased.
(b) Maud and Horace are moving out.
(c) Betsy and Josephine are moving into Mr. Carver's home.
(d) Betsy and Josephine are moving their father's things out of the house.
3. What does Mr. Carver say to Alex and Phillip after speaking with the minister?
(a) "I want to get home and see what the girls have prepared for me."
(b) "I want to move to Manhattan with you, Phillip."
(c) "I want to get to the airport and see Mrs. Stockwell off."
(d) "I want to stop at the Red Lantern on the way home."
4. What other places does Mr. Carver frequent?
(a) The Blue Room and the Red Parrot.
(b) The Country Club and the University Club.
(c) The Winsor Court and the Grand Hotel.
(d) The Garden Restaurant and The Key Club.
5. How long after the move to Nashville does Lewis Shackleford betray Mr. Carver?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Mr. Carver make one night while not wearing his glasses at the Red Lantern?
2. Who does Mr. Carver confide in when he wants to block Phillip from marrying his girlfriend in Chattanooga?
3. Father and Mother met in what city?
4. How are Betsy and Josephine dressed when Phillip and Father walk into the house?
5. Where does George Carver attend college?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)