|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Carver react to Phillip's arrival?
(a) He is frustrated because Phillip did not call ahead of time.
(b) He is elated and asks Phillip to be his best man.
(c) He is relieved the plane did not crash.
(d) He is happy but confused.
2. What was the last name of Phillip's girlfriend in Chattanooga?
3. In Chapter 8, what is one thing Phillip imagines his father will do next?
(a) Lock himself in his room.
(b) Take a safari to Africa.
(c) Begin drinking heavily.
(d) Wait three months for Mrs. Stockwell to return.
4. What does Josephine give Phillip on the day he leaves?
(a) A check and a bus ticket.
(b) A check and a new car.
(c) A check and a letter of introduction for an apartment.
(d) A train ticket and a lunch basket.
5. What going away gift does Phillip's girlfriend give him before he moves to Memphis?
(a) A fountain pen.
(b) An autographed photo.
(c) A tie clip.
(d) An address book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Phillip meets at his new school?
2. What did Phillip begin reading upon spending time with Clara?
3. What happens in town when George Carver is born?
4. Where do Holly and Phillip live?
5. What do Betsy and Josephine do to embarrass their father?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)