|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Betsy and Josephine refer to the women Mr. Carver begins dating after he dates older women?
(a) "Gold diggers."
(b) "Youngish women."
2. Who does Betsy begin dating after her debutant ball?
(a) Wyant Brawly.
(b) Alex Mercer.
(c) Clarkson Manning.
(d) Lewis Shackleford.
3. What is George Carver wearing on the first day he and Alex meet?
(a) A seer sucker suit.
(b) A morning suit.
(c) A grey woolen suit.
(d) A pinstripe suit.
4. What does Alex do upon arriving at the front door in Chapter 8?
(a) Walks in and confronts Betsy and Josephine.
(b) Begins arguing with Horace to move the truck.
(c) He refuses to get out of the car and drives away.
(d) Drives away without stopping.
5. Wyant Brawley was a graduate of what college?
(b) University of Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alex turn to for advice when he is ready to make his career plans?
2. In what year does the relationship between Clara and Phillip end?
3. What do Betsy and Josephine do to embarrass their father?
4. What does Phillip do with his sisters' letters describing his father's nighttime activities?
5. Where is Phillip's mother born and raised?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)