|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What going away gift does Phillip's girlfriend give him before he moves to Memphis?
(a) A tie clip.
(b) A fountain pen.
(c) An address book.
(d) An autographed photo.
2. What are Alex's first words to Phillip?
(a) "Where did you come from, Phillip?"
(b) "Do you smoke cigarettes?"
(c) "How old are you, Phil?"
(d) "Do you have any sisters?"
3. Where is Father's family home?
4. How does Alex address George Carver?
(b) Mr. Carver.
(d) Mr. George.
5. To whom is Josephine's suitor related?
(a) Alex Mercer.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Wyant Brawley.
(d) Lewis Shackleford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sports do the girls take up in Memphis?
2. What does Alex regularly urge Phillip to do?
3. Where is Phillip's mother born and raised?
4. Who does Mr. Carver talk to concerning his plans to interfere with Phillip's marriage?
5. For what reason are the daughters considered the "laughing stock of the town"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)