|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Phillip first see Clara?
(a) On the army post.
(b) At the entrance to the park.
(c) In the library.
(d) At the top of Lookout Mountain.
2. The family's move to Memphis is a disaster for everyone except who?
3. What does Josephine give Phillip on the day he leaves?
(a) A check and a new car.
(b) A check and a letter of introduction for an apartment.
(c) A check and a bus ticket.
(d) A train ticket and a lunch basket.
4. In what year does George Carver move his family to Memphis?
5. What dance do Betsy and Josephine try and convince the bands to play?
(a) A waltz.
(b) A foxtrot.
(c) A polka.
(d) A tango.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phillip do with his sisters' letters describing his father's nighttime activities?
2. When does Phillip's brother die?
3. How does Phillip react to his sister's descriptions of their dates and their love affairs?
4. What tone infects Betsy's written description of the people with whom her father is night clubbing?
5. How do Betsy and Josephine refer to the women Mr. Carver begins dating after he dates older women?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)