|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Georgie explain to his father that he is leaving for military duty?
(a) He lies and says he is not really joining the army.
(b) He lies and says he is only going through basic training.
(c) He lies and says he is drafted by the army.
(d) He lies and says someone else signed him up.
2. Phillip believes Alex cannot see that underneath Betsy and Josephine's stated love for their father lies what other emotion?
3. Where does Mr. Carver always buy his hats?
(b) St. Louis.
4. What kind of car does Mr. Carver drive?
(a) A five year old Mercedes.
(b) A ten year old Rolls.
(c) A fifteen year old convertible.
(d) A twenty year old Cadillac.
5. What is the name of Phillip's school in Nashville?
(a) Richardson's Academy.
(b) Exeter Academy.
(c) Robertson's Academy.
(d) Seaton-Hall Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance do Betsy and Josephine try and convince the bands to play?
2. What is the name of Phillip's first serious girlfriend?
3. How do Betsy and Josephine refer to the women Mr. Carver begins dating after he dates older women?
4. Who does Phillip think he has seen entering the Patton Hotel in Chattanooga?
5. How many of George Carver's children marry?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)