|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the area in which Betsy and Josephine live?
(a) Greater Memphis.
(b) Central Gardens District.
(d) Center City.
2. What does Alex do upon arriving at the front door in Chapter 8?
(a) Walks in and confronts Betsy and Josephine.
(b) He refuses to get out of the car and drives away.
(c) Drives away without stopping.
(d) Begins arguing with Horace to move the truck.
3. What adventures do Betsy and Josephine write and tell Phillip about concerning their father?
(a) Dating older women.
(b) Fishing trips with friends.
(c) Dancing with young women in bars.
(d) Golf outings with older women.
4. For what reason are the daughters considered the "laughing stock of the town"?
(a) Their names.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their inappropriate attire.
(d) Their business.
5. How does Georgie explain to his father that he is leaving for military duty?
(a) He lies and says someone else signed him up.
(b) He lies and says he is drafted by the army.
(c) He lies and says he is only going through basic training.
(d) He lies and says he is not really joining the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Phillip's school in Nashville?
2. What are Alex's first words to Phillip?
3. What does Phillip realize on his trip home to Memphis?
4. What does Mr. Carver represent to Alex?
5. What is the consequence for Mr. Carver's mistake that night which is witnessed by Betsy and Joesphine?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)