|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does father do for work when arriving in Memphis?
(a) He joins a small corporation.
(b) He invests in stocks and bonds.
(c) He opens a grocery store.
(d) He sets up a law practice.
2. Where does George Carver attend college?
(d) University of Tennessee.
3. What adventures do Betsy and Josephine write and tell Phillip about concerning their father?
(a) Fishing trips with friends.
(b) Golf outings with older women.
(c) Dancing with young women in bars.
(d) Dating older women.
4. Phillip believes Alex cannot see that underneath Betsy and Josephine's stated love for their father lies what other emotion?
5. What does Phillip do with the gift he had plans to give to Clara but does not?
(a) Mails it to Clara.
(b) Sells it at a pawn shop.
(c) Returns it to his mother.
(d) Keeps it with his valuables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phillip trust with his despair after the end of his relationship with Clara?
2. Holly Kaplan is a Jewish woman from what city?
3. What going away gift does Phillip's girlfriend give him before he moves to Memphis?
4. According to Josephine, why does she not go out onto the dance floor and help her father who is obviously in pain?
5. What does Alex regularly urge Phillip to do?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)