|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Father's family home?
2. Where do both Betsy and Josephine have their social debuts?
(a) Nashville society.
(b) Memphis society.
(c) Thornton society.
(d) New Orleans society.
3. What did Phillip begin reading upon spending time with Clara?
(a) War novels.
(b) Romance novels.
4. What gift does Phillip give to Clara a week before her birthday?
(a) "A Christmas Tale" by Henry James.
(b) "A Christmas Story" by James Agee.
(c) "A Garland of Chirstmas Verse" by S.C. Mayle.
(d) "Scrooge" by Charles Dickens.
5. How many of George Carver's children marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phillip trust with his despair after the end of his relationship with Clara?
2. Where does Alex teach?
3. What does Alex regularly urge Phillip to do?
4. What people are responsible for helping Phillip leave Memphis to move to New York?
5. What name does Alex use for addressing Mrs. Carver?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)