|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Phillip when the family moves to Memphis?
2. What going away gift does Phillip's girlfriend give him before he moves to Memphis?
(a) An address book.
(b) An autographed photo.
(c) A fountain pen.
(d) A tie clip.
3. What is George Carver wearing on the first day he and Alex meet?
(a) A pinstripe suit.
(b) A grey woolen suit.
(c) A seer sucker suit.
(d) A morning suit.
4. What does Father state as his reason for not liking Wyant?
(a) Wyant is not a good driver.
(b) Father does not like the Brawleys.
(c) Wyant is not trustworthy.
(d) Wyant is not from Memphis.
5. What gift does Phillip give to Clara a week before her birthday?
(a) "A Garland of Chirstmas Verse" by S.C. Mayle.
(b) "A Christmas Story" by James Agee.
(c) "A Christmas Tale" by Henry James.
(d) "Scrooge" by Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother's reaction to Phillip's declaration that moving to Memphis has ruined his life?
2. What are Alex's first words to Phillip?
3. How long after the move to Memphis do Betsy and her beau break off their relationship?
4. What people are responsible for helping Phillip leave Memphis to move to New York?
5. How does Phillip get to school when he is a child in Nashville?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)