|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex regularly urge Phillip to do?
(a) Travel to Europe.
(b) Study law.
(c) Return to Memphis and teach.
(d) Start his own business.
2. How many of George Carver's children marry?
3. What people are responsible for helping Phillip leave Memphis to move to New York?
(a) Alex and his wife.
(b) Holly Kaplan and Alex Mercer.
(c) Lewis Shackleford and his wife.
(d) Betsy and Josephine.
4. How does Alex address George Carver?
(b) Mr. George.
(d) Mr. Carver.
5. Why does Father think Betsy and Wyant have disappeared from the caravan to Memphis?
(a) They have had an accident.
(b) They have eloped.
(c) They have gotten lost.
(d) They have committed a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both Betsy and Josephine call to give Phillip what news?
2. Where do both Betsy and Josephine have their social debuts?
3. The family's move to Memphis is a disaster for everyone except who?
4. To what does Phillip's mother compare the family's move to Memphis?
5. What sports do the girls take up in Memphis?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)