|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mother's reaction to Phillip's declaration that moving to Memphis has ruined his life?
(a) She lectures him.
(b) She screams at him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
2. Wyant Brawley was a graduate of what college?
(a) University of Tennessee.
3. Why does Father think Betsy and Wyant have disappeared from the caravan to Memphis?
(a) They have gotten lost.
(b) They have eloped.
(c) They have had an accident.
(d) They have committed a crime.
4. Father and Mother met in what city?
(b) New York.
5. Holly Kaplan is a Jewish woman from what city?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phillip get to school when he is a child in Nashville?
2. Why does George Carver move to Memphis?
3. Why do Betsy and Wyant stay behind in Huntington?
4. In what car does Betsy ride during the family's move to Memphis?
5. What important event in Phillip's life takes place right before his sisters' calls about their father?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)