|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Josephine's suitor related?
(a) Lewis Shackleford.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Wyant Brawley.
(d) Alex Mercer.
2. The family's move to Memphis is a disaster for everyone except who?
3. How does Phillip get to school when he is a child in Nashville?
(a) He rides his pony, Red.
(b) He walks with his mother.
(c) He takes the school bus.
(d) He rides his bike.
4. What is Mother's reaction to Phillip's declaration that moving to Memphis has ruined his life?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She lectures him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She screams at him.
5. To what does Phillip's mother compare the family's move to Memphis?
(a) The Trail of Tears.
(b) The long and winding road.
(c) The trip of a lifetime.
(d) A slow moving wagon train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Phillip's mother born and raised?
2. How long after the move to Memphis do Betsy and her beau break off their relationship?
3. Who is Mrs. Clara Stockwell?
4. How old is Phillip when the family moves to Memphis?
5. Why do Betsy and Wyant stay behind in Huntington?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)