|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does George Carver move his family to Memphis?
2. What city is described as a "land oriented" city?
3. How does Phillip get to school when he is a child in Nashville?
(a) He rides his bike.
(b) He rides his pony, Red.
(c) He walks with his mother.
(d) He takes the school bus.
4. What important event in Phillip's life takes place right before his sisters' calls about their father?
(a) Alex has announced his engagement.
(b) Phillip and Holly have gotten married.
(c) Holly has moved out of their apartment.
(d) Phillip has lost his job.
5. Why does Father think Betsy and Wyant have disappeared from the caravan to Memphis?
(a) They have committed a crime.
(b) They have had an accident.
(c) They have gotten lost.
(d) They have eloped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do both Betsy and Josephine have their social debuts?
2. Father and Mother met in what city?
3. How many of George Carver's children marry?
4. How long do the Carvers live in Memphis?
5. Where is Phillip's mother born and raised?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)