|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Clara Stockwell?
(a) George's great aunt.
(b) Betsy's married sister.
(c) Phillip's cousin.
(d) George Carver's fiance.
2. Both Betsy and Josephine call to give Phillip what news?
(a) Their father has eloped with a young woman.
(b) Their father is moving back to Nashville.
(c) Their father is remarrying.
(d) Their father is deathly ill.
3. Phiilip left his family home in Memphis before he was how old?
4. What is the name of Phillip's school in Nashville?
(a) Robertson's Academy.
(b) Richardson's Academy.
(c) Exeter Academy.
(d) Seaton-Hall Academy.
5. How does Phillip get to school when he is a child in Nashville?
(a) He rides his pony, Red.
(b) He walks with his mother.
(c) He takes the school bus.
(d) He rides his bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street on which the family first lives in Memphis?
2. How does Georgie explain to his father that he is leaving for military duty?
3. Why does Father think Betsy and Wyant have disappeared from the caravan to Memphis?
4. Where does George Carver attend college?
5. The family's move to Memphis is a disaster for everyone except who?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)