|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Phillip believe his sister Betsy is going to the bars with while watching her father?
(a) A friend from work.
(b) No one.
(d) Her new fiance.
2. What happens when Mr. and Mrs. Carver, Georgie and Phillip are in St. Louis on business?
(a) Mr. Shackleford robs a savings and loan.
(b) Mr. Shackleford loses an envelope containing half a million dollars cash.
(c) Mr. Shackleford disappears with the company assets.
(d) Mr. Shackleford is accused of mortgaging company landholdings.
3. What people are responsible for helping Phillip leave Memphis to move to New York?
(a) Alex and his wife.
(b) Lewis Shackleford and his wife.
(c) Betsy and Josephine.
(d) Holly Kaplan and Alex Mercer.
4. What is happening at Mr. Carver's home?
(a) Betsy and Josephine are moving into Mr. Carver's home.
(b) Betsy and Josephine are moving their father's things out of the house.
(c) Maud and Horace are moving out.
(d) The movers are delivering furniture Father had recently purchased.
5. What did Holly imagine she would do when she leaves Cleveland and moves to New York fifteen years before?
(a) Write a best selling novel.
(b) Get an advanced degree in English.
(c) Have a high powered literary career.
(d) Become a tenured professor at NYU.
Short Answer Questions
1. Holly Kaplan is a Jewish woman from what city?
2. Why does Father think Betsy and Wyant have disappeared from the caravan to Memphis?
3. What does Mr. Carver represent to Alex?
4. How old is Phillip when the family moves to Memphis?
5. Why do the Carvers move from Thornton to Nashville?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)