|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the minister give Mr. Carver when he arrives at the church?
(a) A wedding gift.
(b) A letter from his sisters cancelling the wedding.
(c) A letter from Mrs. Stockwell saying goodbye.
(d) The marriage license.
2. How does Georgie explain to his father that he is leaving for military duty?
(a) He lies and says he is not really joining the army.
(b) He lies and says someone else signed him up.
(c) He lies and says he is only going through basic training.
(d) He lies and says he is drafted by the army.
3. What does Phillip do with his sisters' letters describing his father's nighttime activities?
(a) He keeps them for memories.
(b) He throws them away.
(c) He sends them to Alex.
(d) He returns them to his sisters.
4. What does Father state as his reason for not liking Wyant?
(a) Father does not like the Brawleys.
(b) Wyant is not a good driver.
(c) Wyant is not trustworthy.
(d) Wyant is not from Memphis.
5. What nickname do the women in town have for George Carver?
(a) James Joyce.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Bonaparte.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Alex, Phillip and Mr. Carver go after leaving the church?
2. What tone infects Betsy's written description of the people with whom her father is night clubbing?
3. What does Phillip realize about his father moving the family to Memphis?
4. Phiilip left his family home in Memphis before he was how old?
5. Who does Phillip think he has seen entering the Patton Hotel in Chattanooga?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)