|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of George Carver's children marry?
2. What concern does Alex have about George's dating?
(a) He will spend all of the family's money.
(b) He will lose his inheritance.
(c) His daughters will interfere.
(d) Father will die before his time.
3. Why do Betsy and Wyant stay behind in Huntington?
(a) To eat dinner and see a movie.
(b) To elope.
(c) To get gas for the car.
(d) To visit with friends.
4. What is the name of Phillip's school in Nashville?
(a) Price School.
(b) Bruce School.
(c) Thornton Academy.
(d) Newman School.
5. Where do Mr. Carver and his grown daughters have supper on Sunday nights?
(a) The local tavern.
(b) The Tennessee Club.
(c) A local steakhouse.
(d) The country club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street on which the family first lives in Memphis?
2. What name does Alex use for addressing Mrs. Carver?
3. What is the name of Phillip's school in Nashville?
4. In what car does Betsy ride during the family's move to Memphis?
5. What do Betsy and Josephine do to embarrass their father?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)