|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Clara Stockwell?
(a) George Carver's fiance.
(b) Betsy's married sister.
(c) Phillip's cousin.
(d) George's great aunt.
2. Where do both Betsy and Josephine have their social debuts?
(a) Memphis society.
(b) Thornton society.
(c) Nashville society.
(d) New Orleans society.
3. What topic do Phillip and Holly argue about most often?
(a) Thier apartment.
(b) Their families.
4. Who is the first person Phillip meets at his new school?
(a) George Carver.
(b) Alex Mercer.
(c) John Shackleford.
(d) Thomas Gunn.
5. How does Phillip get to school when he is a child in Nashville?
(a) He walks with his mother.
(b) He takes the school bus.
(c) He rides his bike.
(d) He rides his pony, Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What going away gift does Phillip's girlfriend give him before he moves to Memphis?
2. Where does Georgie work before joining the army?
3. In what year does George Carver move his family to Memphis?
4. What does Father state as his reason for not liking Wyant?
5. What does Mr. Carver represent to Alex?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)