|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phillip get to school when he is a child in Nashville?
(a) He walks with his mother.
(b) He rides his bike.
(c) He takes the school bus.
(d) He rides his pony, Red.
2. What name does Alex use for addressing Mrs. Carver?
(a) Miss MInta.
(d) Mrs. Carver
3. Where does Georgie work before joining the army?
(a) A local hardware chain.
(b) The Small Business Association.
(c) His father's law firm.
(d) The state senate.
4. What people are responsible for helping Phillip leave Memphis to move to New York?
(a) Betsy and Josephine.
(b) Lewis Shackleford and his wife.
(c) Holly Kaplan and Alex Mercer.
(d) Alex and his wife.
5. What do Betsy and Josephine do to embarrass their father?
(a) Wear wild clothing.
(b) Drive a convertible.
(c) Stop their education.
(d) Open a law firm of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Phillip's school in Nashville?
2. What important event in Phillip's life takes place right before his sisters' calls about their father?
3. How do Betsy and Josephine initially react to their father's dating?
4. To whom is Josephine's suitor related?
5. Where do Mr. Carver and his grown daughters have supper on Sunday nights?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)