|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason are the daughters considered the "laughing stock of the town"?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their business.
(c) Their inappropriate attire.
(d) Their names.
2. Where do both Betsy and Josephine have their social debuts?
(a) New Orleans society.
(b) Memphis society.
(c) Nashville society.
(d) Thornton society.
3. To what does Phillip's mother compare the family's move to Memphis?
(a) The Trail of Tears.
(b) A slow moving wagon train.
(c) The long and winding road.
(d) The trip of a lifetime.
4. Who is Mrs. Clara Stockwell?
(a) Phillip's cousin.
(b) George's great aunt.
(c) Betsy's married sister.
(d) George Carver's fiance.
5. Where does George Carver attend college?
(c) University of Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mr. Carver and his grown daughters have supper on Sunday nights?
2. What grade does Phillip enter at his new school in Memphis?
3. Both Betsy and Josephine call to give Phillip what news?
4. What name does Alex use for addressing Mrs. Carver?
5. In what year does George Carver move his family to Memphis?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)