|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Josephine, why does she not go out onto the dance floor and help her father who is obviously in pain?
(a) She wants him to suffer.
(b) She does not want to humiliate and outrage him.
(c) She does not want to leave her date.
(d) She does not want Betsy to become angry with her.
2. Where is the Blue Moon?
(b) Vieux Carre.
(c) Old Town.
3. What name does Alex use for addressing Mrs. Carver?
(a) Miss MInta.
(b) Mrs. Carver
4. What concern does Alex have about George's dating?
(a) He will lose his inheritance.
(b) He will spend all of the family's money.
(c) His daughters will interfere.
(d) Father will die before his time.
5. What does Mr. Carver carry into the bars to help him with his neuropathy?
(a) His crook cane.
(b) His light up watch.
(c) His dark glasses.
(d) His hearing aids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tone infects Betsy's written description of the people with whom her father is night clubbing?
2. What does Phillip do with his sisters' letters describing his father's nighttime activities?
3. Where do Mr. Carver and his grown daughters have supper on Sunday nights?
4. What sports do the girls take up in Memphis?
5. How is George Carver regarded by the townspeople?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)