|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Georgie work before joining the army?
(a) The Small Business Association.
(b) A local hardware chain.
(c) The state senate.
(d) His father's law firm.
2. What expression do Betsy and Josephine use repeatedly to describe their father's dancing?
(a) "Attempting to dance."
(b) "Strutting his stuff."
(c) "Cane dancing."
(d) "Awkward movements."
3. What does Alex regularly urge Phillip to do?
(a) Start his own business.
(b) Travel to Europe.
(c) Return to Memphis and teach.
(d) Study law.
4. How does Alex refer to Betsy and Josephine?
(a) "Those two silly Tennessee girls."
(b) "Those two stupid Nashville women."
(c) "Those two awful Memphis girls."
(d) "Those two awful Nashville girls."
5. According to Josephine, why does she not go out onto the dance floor and help her father who is obviously in pain?
(a) She wants him to suffer.
(b) She does not want to humiliate and outrage him.
(c) She does not want Betsy to become angry with her.
(d) She does not want to leave her date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Holly imagine she would do when she leaves Cleveland and moves to New York fifteen years before?
2. What mistake does Mr. Carver make one night while not wearing his glasses at the Red Lantern?
3. According to Phillip, how many children do Alex and his wife have?
4. How do Betsy and Josephine initially react to their father's dating?
5. How do Betsy and Josephine refer to the women Mr. Carver begins dating after he dates older women?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)