|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Mr. Carver born?
(a) In his uncle's house in Thornton.
(b) In the emergency room in Memphis.
(c) In the hospital in Nashville.
(d) On the Town Farm in Thornton.
2. Where does Alex teach?
(b) University of Tennessee in Nashville.
(c) University of Tennessee in Knowville.
(d) Memphis State University
3. What tone infects Betsy's written description of the people with whom her father is night clubbing?
4. What did Holly imagine she would do when she leaves Cleveland and moves to New York fifteen years before?
(a) Write a best selling novel.
(b) Get an advanced degree in English.
(c) Have a high powered literary career.
(d) Become a tenured professor at NYU.
5. Many dinner conversations between Mr. Carver, Betsy and Josephine revolved around what topic?
(b) Real estate.
(c) Betsy and Josephine's suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area in which Betsy and Josephine live?
2. What sports do the girls take up in Memphis?
3. What name does Alex use for addressing Mrs. Carver?
4. What concern does Alex have about George's dating?
5. What does Josephine whisper to Phillip on his way out of his father's house?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)