|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alex teach?
(a) University of Tennessee in Nashville.
(b) Memphis State University
(c) University of Tennessee in Knowville.
2. What do Alex and Holly talk about when he goes to see her at her apartment?
(a) Their families and the death of Holly's mother.
(b) Where they would like their next apartment to be.
(c) Who she has been dating since moving out.
(d) How to move Holly's things back into their apartment.
3. Once back in their routines together, Alex and Holly find themselves talking about what subject?
(a) Going to Memphis to see Alex's family.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Having a baby.
(d) Caring for their parents but not wanting to see them.
4. What adventures do Betsy and Josephine write and tell Phillip about concerning their father?
(a) Dancing with young women in bars.
(b) Fishing trips with friends.
(c) Dating older women.
(d) Golf outings with older women.
5. How does Phillip react to his sister's descriptions of their dates and their love affairs?
(a) He is happy for them.
(b) He is curious and interested.
(c) He is angry about their lies.
(d) He is simultaneously amused and pained.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phillip believe his father goes to the same nightclubs as his daughters?
2. What does Holly encourage Phillip to focus on in his family?
3. What concern does Alex have about George's dating?
4. Where does Georgie work before joining the army?
5. What people are responsible for helping Phillip leave Memphis to move to New York?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)