|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a small, two-wheeled, cart-like passenger vehicle with a fold-down top, pulled by one person?
2. What trusted and loyal servant of the Nawab Sahib takes Maan around the estate in Part 10?
3. What religious holiday of Hinduism is celebrated by splashing people with bright colored water?
4. In what year did India gain independence from Great Britain?
5. What difficult musical instrument to play is one of the instruments used as an accompaniment for Saeeda Bai's singing?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the dinner party in Part 7, there is a conversation comparing the song of birds and the what of Indian singing?
2. What Indian term refers to a collector of farm revenue, who paid a fixed sum on the district assigned to him?
3. What character in the novel is described as a notorious courtesan renowned for her singing?
4. What refers to a foul smelling place where leather is cured before going to leather craft establishments?
5. Mahesh Kapoor challenges who for evicting tenants from their lands in Part 14?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)