|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did India gain independence from Great Britain?
2. Who is a frequent guest in the house of Saeeda Bai and pays for her sexual services?
(a) Arun Kapoor.
(b) Amit Chatterji.
(c) Maan Kapoor.
(d) Raja of Marh.
3. What business is Haresh Khanna involved in?
(a) Shoe manufacturing.
(b) Clothing and textiles.
(c) Leather tanning.
4. Who sends Lata a letter in Part 7?
5. Who, along with two of his friends, gets into serious trouble and is threatened with expulsion from the university in Part 12?
(b) Arun Chatterji.
(c) Kabir Durrani.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 10, there is a hint of the trend toward modernization in the country when it is observed that the general public is developing a preference toward what?
2. What Indian term refers to a collector of farm revenue, who paid a fixed sum on the district assigned to him?
3. In Part 11, there is a lengthy pilgrimage to see what important guru?
4. The second boy suggested by Mrs. Rupa Mehra's friend in Part 9 is dismissed because he is too what?
5. Where is Mrs. Rupa in the beginning of Part 15?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)