|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, who suddenly realizes that Mortu accompanies Saeeda Bai?
(a) L. N. Agarwal.
(b) The Raja of Marh.
(c) Begum Abida Khan.
(d) Ustad Majeed Khan.
2. Who is determined to erect a Temple to Shiva just west of the Alamgiri Mosque in Part 5?
(a) Kedarnath Tandon.
(b) Haresh Khanna.
(c) L. N. Agarwal.
(d) The Raja of Marh.
3. Maan Kapoor leaves Calcutta for a long trip to where in Part 8?
4. Who had found Bhaskar after the stampede in Part 12?
(a) The Raja of Marh.
(c) Kabir Durrani.
(d) Arun Chatterji.
5. What character in the novel is described as a notorious courtesan renowned for her singing?
(a) Mahesh Kapoor
(b) Maan Kapoor.
(c) Saeeda Bai.
(d) Raja of Marh.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, what will the Temple to Shiva have as its centerpiece?
2. Who is quite concerned over Maan's infatuation with Saeeda Bai in Part 6?
3. Who is forcibly removed from the court chamber in Part 11?
4. In Part 10, there is a hint of the trend toward modernization in the country when it is observed that the general public is developing a preference toward what?
5. Who is Veena Kapoor's son?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)