|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, 1 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who feels as though she is drowning in conversation at the dinner party in Part 7?
(d) Mrs. Rupa Mehra.
2. In what decade was the Bihar Zamindari Act instilled?
3. Who is awakened by a kick from Savita's baby during the night in Part 6?
4. What refers to a garment worn by Hindu women, consisting of a long piece of cotton or silk wrapped around the body with one end draped over the head or over one shoulder?
5. In Part 5, what will the Temple to Shiva have as its centerpiece?
(a) Body of Shiva.
(b) Face of Shiva.
(c) Spectacle of Shiva.
(d) Phallus of Shiva.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as corrupt and besotted with courtesans in Part 4?
2. During the dinner party in Part 7, there is a conversation comparing the song of birds and the what of Indian singing?
3. Maan determines to learn what language in order to communicate with Saeeda Bai in Part 6?
4. Who is Firoz falling in love with in Part 6?
5. Who is determined to erect a Temple to Shiva just west of the Alamgiri Mosque in Part 5?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)