|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, 1 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has long been considered the holiest of all rivers by Hindus?
2. Who is the best friend of Maan Kapoor in spite of their families' religious differences?
(a) Raja of Marh.
(b) Amit Chatterji.
(c) Firoz Khan.
(d) Kabir Durrani.
3. Whose son in the novel is a mathematical savant?
(a) Maan Kapoor's.
(b) Amit Shashank's.
(c) Kedarnath Tandon's.
(d) Haresh Khanna's.
4. Whose father in the music class championed the Bihar Zamindari Act in Part 6?
(b) Mortu Chand's.
(c) Begum Abida Khan's.
5. What Indian term refers to a collector of farm revenue, who paid a fixed sum on the district assigned to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as corrupt and besotted with courtesans in Part 4?
2. What term refers to a king or prince in India?
3. Who is Veena Kapoor's son?
4. During the dinner party in Part 7, a philosophical discussion takes place between "the Grande Dame of Culture" and who about the One-ness of Indian culture?
5. What refers to a small, two-wheeled, cart-like passenger vehicle with a fold-down top, pulled by one person?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)