|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7, 1 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Firoz falling in love with in Part 6?
(a) Lata Mehra.
(b) Nawab Sahib.
(c) Savita Mehra.
2. With whom does Lata confide in about her affair with Kabir in Part 3?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. Who is the eldest son of the Chatterji family?
4. What refers to a small, two-wheeled, cart-like passenger vehicle with a fold-down top, pulled by one person?
5. During the dinner party in Part 7, a philosophical discussion takes place between "the Grande Dame of Culture" and who about the One-ness of Indian culture?
(a) Dipankar Chatterji.
(b) Mrs. Rupa Mehra.
(c) Amit Tandon.
(d) Meenakshi Kapoor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian term refers to a collector of farm revenue, who paid a fixed sum on the district assigned to him?
2. What term refers to an elaborate and complex social system that combines elements of occupation, endogamy, culture, social class, and political power?
3. Where do Lata and Malati run into Kabir in Part 3?
4. Who is determined to erect a Temple to Shiva just west of the Alamgiri Mosque in Part 5?
5. What religion is Kabir Durrani?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)