|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Lata confide in about her affair with Kabir in Part 3?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. Where do Lata and Kabir begin meeting in Part 3?
(a) Opera practice.
(b) Poetry gatherings.
(c) Music recitals.
(d) Dance lessons.
3. What does the Raja of Marh rip a page out of a book containing in Part 2?
(a) Hindi poetry.
(b) Hindu prayers.
(c) Muslim prayers.
(d) Urdu poetry.
4. What romantic place have Kabir and Lata gone to in Part 2?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(b) The Barsaat Mahal.
(c) Raja of Marh.
(d) The Marsaat Mahal.
5. What is the name of Lata Mehra's best friend?
(c) Firoz Khan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Lata suffers from a complete mental block while taking what exam?
2. What character in the novel is described as a notorious courtesan renowned for her singing?
3. What has long been considered the holiest of all rivers by Hindus?
4. Who is the best friend of Maan Kapoor in spite of their families' religious differences?
5. What religion is Kabir Durrani?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)