|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jen think about Peter for finishing the mission with the key?
2. What do the children use the maps of Wales to do?
3. Why do the men meet at the Red Goat?
4. Who does Jen think lived in Cardiff once?
5. Who throws a party for David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What begins to strain the relationship between Jen and Becky?
2. What makes Peter feel like a man during the hunt?
3. What does Peter see in his last vision?
4. What is most alarming about the wolf that is killed during the hunt?
5. What bad news does Dr. Rhys bring during the dinner party?
6. What trouble does Peter have during the hunt?
7. What does Peter think about Bedd Taliesin?
8. What does Becky say when she sees the priceless bowl in the museum?
9. What does Peter realize the key wants him to do?
10. Why is David so shocked to hear about the wolf spotted in the area?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Nancy Bond have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)