|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Becky holds Peter's key?
2. How does Peter feel around John Owen?
3. What does Jen mention that causes Dr. Rhys to talk sharply?
4. How does Jen's first course cooking alone turn out?
5. What does Dr. Rhys say that shocks Jen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter realize the key wants him to do?
2. What does Dr. Rhys say is wrong about American schools?
3. How does Peter feel at the end of the hunt, and why?
4. Why is David so shocked to hear about the wolf spotted in the area?
5. How does Becky stop Jen from betraying Peter?
6. What does Peter think about Bedd Taliesin?
7. What is most alarming about the wolf that is killed during the hunt?
8. What outdoor activity does the Morgan family begin doing together?
9. What bad news does Dr. Rhys bring during the dinner party?
10. What does Jen beg Dr. Rhys to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate to most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)