|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David go into town after hearing about the wild animals spotted in the fields?
2. What happens when Becky holds Peter's key?
3. What makes Peter so sad when he is sick?
4. Where does Dr. Owen want the artifact to go?
5. What does Dr. Rhys do when he hears about Peter's key?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter see in his last vision?
2. What begins to strain the relationship between Jen and Becky?
3. Whom does Peter take with him to return the key, and why?
4. What makes Dr. Rhys know that Peter's stories are true?
5. How does Peter feel at the end of the hunt, and why?
6. What makes Peter feel like a man during the hunt?
7. What does Jen do when she learns that Dr. Rhys cannot do for her what she had hoped?
8. Why does Dr. Rhys say people like to understand things?
9. What does David do to protect his children when Dr. Owen comes to his house?
10. What is most alarming about the wolf that is killed during the hunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of Peter's visions, and what did they mean?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the wolf hunt included in the book? What did this add to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)