|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nant Y Moch?
2. What makes Peter's trip to the museum unhappy?
3. What does Jen mention that causes Dr. Rhys to talk sharply?
4. Why does Peter say he can't give the key to Dr. Owen?
5. What is wrong with the mashed potatoes Jen makes on her first try?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is most alarming about the wolf that is killed during the hunt?
2. Why does Peter realize he has been chosen to have the key?
3. How does Becky stop Jen from betraying Peter?
4. What trouble does Peter have during the hunt?
5. What makes Peter feel like a man during the hunt?
6. Why is David so shocked to hear about the wolf spotted in the area?
7. What is the main plan for the hunt?
8. How does Peter feel at the end of the hunt, and why?
9. What does Becky say when she sees the priceless bowl in the museum?
10. What outdoor activity does the Morgan family begin doing together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What are Dr. Rhys's ideas about magic and science, and how has this affected his career?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)