|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jen's first course cooking alone turn out?
2. How does Peter feel about Dr. Owen at the end of the book?
3. Who told Dr. Owen about Peter's key?
4. Whom does David consult at the end of the book?
5. What does Peter feel when he hears what Dr. Rhys said about his key?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Owen want when he comes to the Morgan's house?
2. What bad news does Dr. Rhys bring during the dinner party?
3. Whom does Peter take with him to return the key, and why?
4. What happens when Peter returns the key?
5. How does Peter feel when he sees no water in the moat?
6. What does Peter think about Bedd Taliesin?
7. What does Jen do when she learns that Dr. Rhys cannot do for her what she had hoped?
8. What makes Dr. Rhys know that Peter's stories are true?
9. What does Dr. Rhys say is wrong about American schools?
10. Why does Dr. Rhys not want to see Peter's key?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What are Dr. Rhys's ideas about magic and science, and how has this affected his career?
Essay Topic 3
Rhian presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)