|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many towns were destroyed in the ancient flood?
2. What does David make for Jen to help her keep up with her schoolwork?
3. Peter has visions of ________________.
4. Who does Peter think is responsible for the fishing weir?
5. Why doesn't Jen live with her family at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Peter to fall behind in school?
2. Why does Peter think he is being shown these visions?
3. What does Peter do during the storm and why?
4. What does Taliesin do during battles and why?
5. How did Peter find the metal object in the bog?
6. Why does Jen want to take Becky to see Dr. Rhys?
7. What does Mr. Evans say that makes Jen uncomfortable?
8. What does Peter see in his second vision?
9. What does Peter think about during the carol concert?
10. What does Becky pester Jen about during the Christmas preparations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What made the key so valuable, and how did it go about progressing the plot?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)