|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of land lies behind Peter's house?
2. What strange items do the children see in the river the day after Christmas?
3. What does Jen say she can help with if she stays in Wales?
4. What does the key tell Peter is coming?
5. What time do the children wake up the day after Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter confide in Becky, and why?
2. What does Peter yell at his father about on Christmas Eve?
3. What does Jen say when she hears about Peter's visions?
4. Why does Peter dislike Borth so much?
5. What does Peter do during the storm and why?
6. What does Taliesin do during battles and why?
7. What does Mr. Evans say that makes Jen uncomfortable?
8. Why does Peter think he is being shown these visions?
9. What does Peter do that causes his family to panic?
10. Where does the group take shelter on their second hike with Jen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places? What role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)