|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jen live with at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Taliesin fight on the front lines?
3. Why does Peter fear the storm?
4. What does Jen tell her father would help the family be happy?
5. How does Peter feel while Dr. Rhys talks at his dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter confide in Becky, and why?
2. How does David get a hold of Rhian's family during the storm?
3. What is strange about the place where the group takes shelter on their second hike with Jen?
4. What does Peter see in his second vision?
5. What does Jen say about the person that Peter thinks is Taliesin?
6. Why does Jen want to take Becky to see Dr. Rhys?
7. What changes for Jen when she chooses to stay in Wales?
8. What does Peter do that causes his family to panic?
9. Where does the group take shelter on their second hike with Jen?
10. What does Peter think about during the carol concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate to most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of Peter's visions, and what did they mean?
Essay Topic 3
What are Dr. Rhys's ideas about magic and science, and how has this affected his career?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)