|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children wake up so early on the day after Christmas?
2. David compliments Gwylam on ___________.
3. What does David make for Jen to help her keep up with her schoolwork?
4. How does David know Dr. Rhys?
5. What causes Peter to fall behind in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Peter to fall behind in school?
2. What does Peter do during the storm and why?
3. What does Peter realize at the concert with Dr. Rhys?
4. What angers Rhian when she runs to find the men in the woods?
5. What does Jen say when she hears about Peter's visions?
6. What does Peter confide in Becky, and why?
7. What does Jen say about the person that Peter thinks is Taliesin?
8. After being put in a panic by Peter, what wakes the family up during the night?
9. How did Peter find the metal object in the bog?
10. What does Becky pester Jen about during the Christmas preparations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the wolf hunt included in the book? What did this add to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)