|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the paraffin heater kept?
(a) The entryway.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The attic.
2. What mistake does Peter say he made he Jen?
(a) He didn't tell the truth.
(b) He let his anger out.
(c) He said too much too soon.
(d) He talked to her when she was tired.
3. The coracle is made of __________.
4. What does the key tell Peter is coming?
(a) A storm.
(b) A plague.
(c) Big changes.
5. What kind of people does Rhian's father talk about?
(a) The Short Ones.
(b) The Light Ones.
(c) The Old Ones.
(d) The Dark Ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter hate learning in school?
2. Whom does Peter see with his key in the visions?
3. Where does Jen live at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Peter think is buried beneath the land behind his house?
5. What disappoints Jen about her father at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter think he is being shown these visions?
2. What does Taliesin do during battles and why?
3. What changes for Jen when she chooses to stay in Wales?
4. What does Peter think about during the carol concert?
5. What does Peter yell at his father about on Christmas Eve?
6. Why does Jen want to take Becky to see Dr. Rhys?
7. What causes Peter to fall behind in school?
8. After being put in a panic by Peter, what wakes the family up during the night?
9. What does Jen say when she hears about Peter's visions?
10. What does Peter see in his first vision?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)