|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Jen to feel lonely during her vacation?
(a) She starts packing up.
(b) The kids go back to school.
(c) She thinks about her mother.
(d) Her father goes to work.
2. For what instrument was the key used?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A harp.
(c) A piano.
(d) A lute.
3. How does Jen feel when she hears about the ancient flood?
4. What does Dr. Rhys talk about at his dinner party?
(a) The ancient flood.
(b) The university.
(d) Welsh history.
5. What does Peter hate about Wales?
(a) He has no friends.
(b) There are lots of bullies.
(c) There is nothing to do.
(d) He misses his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Peter say he made he Jen?
2. How does Peter react to his panicked family when he is late for dinner?
3. What kind of land lies behind Peter's house?
4. What do the children do together while the storm rages?
5. Who keeps the family merry during Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David get a hold of Rhian's family during the storm?
2. What does Peter realize at the concert with Dr. Rhys?
3. Why is Peter jealous of Jen at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Peter see in his second vision?
5. Where does the group take shelter on their second hike with Jen?
6. Why does Peter dislike Borth so much?
7. What does Becky tell Jen about Peter?
8. What does Mr. Evans say that makes Jen uncomfortable?
9. Why does Peter think he is being shown these visions?
10. After being put in a panic by Peter, what wakes the family up during the night?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)