|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens the family at night after Peter is late for dinner?
(a) Fire in the sky.
(b) Dripping roofs.
(d) Wind howling.
2. What does Mrs. Davies do to help Jen?
(a) Calls her American relatives.
(b) Teaches her to cook.
(c) Drives her to school.
(d) Supports her decision to stay.
3. Why is Peter confronted about the coracle?
(a) He lied about it.
(b) He has books about it.
(c) He knows more than he lets on.
(d) He was seen with it.
4. Where is the paraffin heater kept?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The entryway.
(c) The attic.
(d) The kitchen.
5. What does Rhian's father do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. The fishing weir is made of _____________.
2. How many siblings does Rhian have?
3. What does Jen often forget to buy?
4. Why doesn't Jen live with her family at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Jen feel when she hears about the ancient flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter see in his second vision?
2. Why does Peter dislike Borth so much?
3. Why does Peter think he is being shown these visions?
4. How does David get a hold of Rhian's family during the storm?
5. What does Becky tell Jen about Peter?
6. How did Peter find the metal object in the bog?
7. What does Mr. Evans say that makes Jen uncomfortable?
8. What does Peter do during the storm and why?
9. What does Peter confide in Becky, and why?
10. What does Peter think about during the carol concert?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)