|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jen feel about Rhian's statement about the fire in the sky?
(a) She agrees.
(b) She is irritated.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is confused.
2. John Owen has a large collection of ______________.
(a) Ancient harps.
(c) Harp keys.
3. What wild animals are spotted in some fields?
4. Why does David go to Cardiff?
(a) He does a shopping trip.
(b) He needs a vacation.
(c) He is on a date.
(d) He has business there.
5. What insult does John Owen give to Becky?
(a) He calls her ignorant.
(b) He calls her strange.
(c) He calls her vain.
(d) He calls her naive.
6. Where is the dead wolf kept?
(a) The burial grounds.
(b) The holding shed.
(c) The fencing yard.
(d) The roof top.
7. What does Jen think about Peter for finishing the mission with the key?
(a) He is being unselfish.
(b) He is being judgmental.
(c) He is trying to feel like he belongs.
(d) He is hiding from his problems.
8. Why can't Peter read Taliesin's head stone?
(a) It is too dark.
(b) It is damaged.
(c) It is in a different language.
(d) All of these.
9. Why does Peter say he can't give the key to Dr. Owen?
(a) He feels evil in Dr. Owen.
(b) He will not betray Taliesin.
(c) It is his property.
(d) The story is not complete yet.
10. Where does Jen talk to Dr. Rhys about the key?
(a) David's office.
(b) His office.
(c) The garden.
(d) A deli.
11. What makes Peter's trip to the museum unhappy?
(a) John Owen follows them around.
(b) The older exhibits are closed.
(c) The lighting is bad.
(d) He knows the facts are all wrong.
12. Who told Dr. Owen about Peter's key?
(d) Dr. Rhys.
13. What interrupts Jen's conversation with Dr. Owens?
(a) Becky bursts into tears.
(b) Peter shoves her.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) David calls her.
14. How does David know John Owen?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) He knew David's wife.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) He works with Dr. Rhys.
15. What causes the water to return to Nant Y Moch?
(a) The key is returned.
(b) Taliesin sings.
(c) It rains.
(d) A dam is unplugged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people meet at the Red Goat?
2. What does Dr. Rhys do when he hears about Peter's key?
3. Why do the men meet at the Red Goat?
4. What do the children make David do on the morning of his birthday?
5. What does Jen make as her first course when she is cooking alone?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)