|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jen want to come with her when she talks to Dr. Rhys?
2. What awakens the family at night after Peter is late for dinner?
(b) Wind howling.
(c) Dripping roofs.
(d) Fire in the sky.
3. What does Jen want to talk to Dr. Rhys about?
(c) The key.
(d) Bad grades.
4. What does Peter hate learning in school?
5. What mistake does Peter say he made he Jen?
(a) He didn't tell the truth.
(b) He said too much too soon.
(c) He let his anger out.
(d) He talked to her when she was tired.
6. Whom does Jen live with at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her nanny.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
7. Who does Peter think is responsible for the fishing weir?
(d) Mr. Evans.
8. How was Welsh history passed down?
(a) Through poems.
(b) Through writings.
(c) Through songs.
(d) Through paintings.
9. What does Mrs. Davies do for the Morgans?
(c) All of these.
10. What causes Peter to fall behind in school?
(a) He gets distracted.
(b) He forgets due dates.
(c) He misses class.
(d) He gets confused about the language.
11. What does Dr. Rhys offer to lend Peter at his dinner party?
(a) Some pictures.
(b) A map.
(c) A book.
(d) An instrument.
12. Dr. Rhys says Taliesin is __________.
(a) A story teller.
(b) A prince.
(c) A wizard.
(d) A bard.
13. How does David know Dr. Rhys?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) They work together.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They are related.
14. What does Peter listen for when he gets lonely?
(a) The wind blowing.
(b) The conversations of others.
(c) The key singing.
(d) The birds singing.
15. What does Dr. Rhys talk about at his dinner party?
(a) The ancient flood.
(b) The university.
(c) Welsh history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jen live at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Peter do during the storm that makes Jen mad?
3. What does Jen say she can help with if she stays in Wales?
4. What does the key tell Peter is coming?
5. The coracle is made of __________.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)