|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter think is responsible for the fishing weir?
(c) Mr. Evans.
2. What is Gwylam's hobby?
(b) Building fences.
3. Why does Taliesin leave Elphin on the ship?
(a) He knows Elphin is dying.
(b) He has to save himself.
(c) He has other obligations.
(d) He has been sent away.
4. Whom does Peter see with his key in the visions?
5. Whom does Jen live with at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her nanny.
(d) Her grandmother.
6. What does Jen often forget to buy?
7. How does Peter realize what his key is for?
(a) Dr. Rhys tells him.
(b) He sees a picture of it.
(c) Taliesin uses it in a vision.
(d) He sees a harpist at the concert use it.
8. How was Welsh history passed down?
(a) Through paintings.
(b) Through poems.
(c) Through songs.
(d) Through writings.
9. Why does Rhian spend the night with Becky?
(a) She wants to have a party.
(b) Jen wants to get to know her.
(c) Her father gets sick.
(d) The storm is too strong.
10. Who keeps the family merry during Christmas?
11. Why does Jen not like Mrs. Davies when they first meet?
(a) She expects Jen to help.
(b) She speaks ill of her mother.
(c) She doesn't allow sweets.
(d) She talks on the phone all day.
12. Dr. Rhys says Taliesin is __________.
(a) A bard.
(b) A wizard.
(c) A prince.
(d) A story teller.
13. Where is Dr. Rhys first seen in the book?
(a) The market place.
(b) The university.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A gift shop.
14. Who helps the children during the storm?
(c) Mrs. Davies.
15. What mistake does Peter say he made he Jen?
(a) He didn't tell the truth.
(b) He said too much too soon.
(c) He talked to her when she was tired.
(d) He let his anger out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Jen to stay in Wales?
2. What awakens the family at night after Peter is late for dinner?
3. What does Dr. Rhys talk about at his dinner party?
4. How does Peter feel while Dr. Rhys talks at his dinner party?
5. What disappoints Jen about her father at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)