|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fishing weir is made of _____________.
2. What awakens the family at night after Peter is late for dinner?
(a) Fire in the sky.
(c) Wind howling.
(d) Dripping roofs.
3. Peter has visions of ________________.
(a) The Kingdom of Lowe.
(b) The Higher Plateau.
(c) The Low Hundred.
(d) The High Place.
4. Why does Peter fear the storm?
(a) He thinks something is coming for him.
(b) He doesn't like thunder.
(c) His mother died in a storm.
(d) He thinks the house will be damaged.
5. What strange items do the children see in the river the day after Christmas?
(b) Tufts of fur.
(d) Strange fish.
6. What does Mrs. Davies do to help Jen?
(a) Drives her to school.
(b) Supports her decision to stay.
(c) Teaches her to cook.
(d) Calls her American relatives.
7. Who confronts Peter about the coracle?
(d) Mrs. Davies.
8. Why does Jen not like Mrs. Davies when they first meet?
(a) She expects Jen to help.
(b) She talks on the phone all day.
(c) She doesn't allow sweets.
(d) She speaks ill of her mother.
9. What does Peter think is buried beneath the land behind his house?
10. Whom is Jen most worried about when she chooses to stay in Wales?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her friends.
(d) Her brother.
11. What does Dr. Rhys talk about at his dinner party?
(b) The ancient flood.
(c) Welsh history.
(d) The university.
12. What is not discussed during Christmas breakfast?
(a) Their mother.
(b) The storm.
(c) The fight from the night before.
(d) The church service.
13. What does Peter hate learning in school?
14. Why is Peter confronted about the coracle?
(a) He was seen with it.
(b) He lied about it.
(c) He knows more than he lets on.
(d) He has books about it.
15. What kind of land lies behind Peter's house?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A bog.
(c) A forest.
(d) A beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David know Dr. Rhys?
2. What does the key tell Peter is coming?
3. What time do the children wake up the day after Christmas?
4. What does Rhian's father do for a living?
5. Why is Peter so angry with Jen when she decides to stay?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)