|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does Daenerys decide to rule as queen?
2. Which character confirms Merrett Frey's involvement in the murder of Robb Stark?
3. Where does Lord Janos send Jon Snow in Chapter 74?
4. Who tells Jon Snow about the death of Lord Commander Mormont?
5. Who takes Sansa into his home after Joffrey's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the struggle between good and evil that exists in the novel. How are characters developed so that multiple protagonists and antagonists exist at the same time? What moral development does Martin appear to be creating in his main characters?
Essay Topic 2
How are graphic elements of bondage and oppression used to demonstrate the theme of emancipation? How are these graphic elements used to enhance the plot and the mood of the story? How does Daenerys' attitude towards emancipation affect decisions other characters make?
Essay Topic 3
How is murder viewed by the characters in the novel? When is killing another person considered murder? When is killing another person justifiable? What role do assassinations play in the development of the plot?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)