|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find in his apartment that reminds him of Philip?
2. Who takes care of returning Philip's personal effects to his father?
3. What news does the narrator give to Anne-Marie?
4. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator is in the process of documenting about Autun?
5. Who does Anne-Marie ask Philip to meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The act of sex takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in France during the 1960s? Explain by giving examples.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Philip. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)