|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Philip visit in Chapter 29?
2. What do Philip and Anne-Marie talk about while out walking one day?
3. Where does Philip begin to plan a new life for Anne-Marie and himself?
4. What does Philip promise to send the narrator from Paris?
5. What does Anne-Marie comment that she would like while she and Philip are window shopping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Salter is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of the narrator. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of hope. Identify at least two instances regarding hope in the book. Then cite an example to support each instance you name.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)