|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What make of car is involved in the accident that Philip and Anne-Marie pass on the way to the countryside?
2. With what does the narrator struggle to free himself?
(a) A drug addiction.
(b) A gambling habit.
(c) An eating disorder.
(d) Thoughts of Philip and Anne-Marie.
3. Which of Anne-Marie's possessions does Philip want her to get rid of?
(a) Fur coat.
4. Which of the following does Anne-Marie NOT talk about regarding her first child?
(a) The child's school.
(b) The child's ancestry.
(c) The child's name.
(d) The child's future.
5. What does the narrator find in his apartment that reminds him of Philip?
(a) A stack of books.
(b) A will.
(c) A list of places he and Anne-Marie wanted to visit.
(d) A red sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covers Anne-Marie's face after she and Philip make love?
2. What does Anne-Marie comment that she would like while she and Philip are window shopping?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that the narrator finds in one of Philip's diaries?
4. What event does the author foreshadow in connection with anal sex in Chapter 25?
5. Who is in the car that passes the cafe where Philip and Anne-Marie are having lunch one day?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)