|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen when Philip kisses Anne-Marie in her bedroom?
(a) She puts on her pajamas.
(b) They make love.
(c) Dean leaves.
(d) She pulls away.
2. Why does Philip visit his father?
(a) To tell him about Anne-Marie.
(b) To beg for money.
(c) To play tennis.
(d) To have dinner.
3. What is Cristina Wheatland's home country?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Philip?
(a) Free spirit.
(b) Very bright.
5. Who becomes Philip's lover in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the narrator?
2. What do Philip and the narrator do extensively during Philip's time in Autun?
3. Which of the following traits does NOT describe the narrator?
4. Who is the only friend of Billy's that Cristina says she likes?
5. From what country has Philip Dean just returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be determined about the narrator's personality so far?
2. What is the reason for Philip's visit to his father in Paris?
3. What are the narrator's secret thoughts about Anne-Marie in Chapter 17?
4. How does the narrator reconnect with Philip Dean?
5. How does the meaning of "duration" vary for the narrator, Philip and Anne-Marie in the context of their lives?
6. What are the circumstances in which the narrator meets Philip Dean?
7. How do Philip and Anne-Marie view the relationship from cross purposes?
8. What is the point of view of the novel?
9. How do thoughts of Philip and Anne-Marie's intimacy make the narrator feel even more alone?
10. How does Anne-Marie intuitively feel about her relationship with Philip?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)