|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Philip and Anne-Marie doing at the beginning of Chapter 32?
2. Why is the narrator embarrassed at this point in his life?
(a) He doesn't have a good job.
(b) He has no real friends.
(c) He doesn't have much money.
(d) He is still single.
3. What does Philip do as he and Anne-Marie make love?
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Watches people out the window.
(d) Eats a sandwich.
4. Why has Philip gone to visit his sister?
(a) Because she is ill.
(b) To attend a family funeral.
(c) She needs help moving.
(d) To get money.
5. What does the narrator learn about Claude Picquet?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She has quit her job.
(d) She is moving away.
6. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator is in the process of documenting about Autun?
7. What type of performance do Philip and Anne-Marie see while on their trip?
(a) A mime.
(b) An opera.
(c) A ballet.
(d) A mind reader.
8. What does Anne-Marie do as she and Philip make love the next morning?
(a) Talks on the phone.
(b) Reads a magazine.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
9. The nature of Dean's attraction to Anne-Marie seems to center around _______________.
10. Why does Alix think Philip spends so much time in Autun?
(a) The weather.
(b) The culture.
(c) A job.
(d) A woman.
11. What mode of transportation do the narrator and Alix use to return to her apartment?
12. What do Philip and Anne-Marie attempt to attend but is canceled because of rain?
(a) A festival.
(b) A soccer match.
(c) A picnic.
(d) An outdoor play.
13. Which of the following does NOT characterize Philip?
(a) A respectable businessman.
(b) Image conscious.
(c) Financially ruined.
(d) Extremely vulnerable.
14. What make of car is involved in the accident that Philip and Anne-Marie pass on the way to the countryside?
15. What can Philip extend as long as he wants?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who waits with Philip and Anne-Marie during the rain shower?
2. Which of Anne-Marie's possessions does Philip want her to get rid of?
3. What does the narrator find in his apartment that reminds him of Philip?
4. What does Anne-Marie think of Philip's plan to return to school in America?
5. What does Philip tell Anne-Marie to wear less of?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)