|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne-Marie do as she and Philip make love the next morning?
(a) Reads a magazine.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Talks on the phone.
(d) Falls asleep.
2. In what city is the nightclub where Philip and Anne-Marie located?
3. What does Anne-Marie think of Philip's plan to return to school in America?
(a) She doesn't think he will come back to her.
(b) She will break up with him if he goes.
(c) She demands to go along with him.
(d) She is glad he is going to finish his education.
4. What mode of transportation do the narrator and Alix use to return to her apartment?
5. Which of Anne-Marie's possessions does Philip want her to get rid of?
(b) Fur coat.
6. Which of the following does Philip NOT do on his last day in France?
(a) Gathers his things at the Wheatland house.
(b) Calls the narrator from Paris.
(c) Takes Anne-Marie to work.
(d) Has breakfast with his sister.
7. Why does Philip want to return to America?
(a) To start a business.
(b) To see old school friends.
(c) To go back to school.
(d) To visit his grandmother.
8. What make of car is involved in the accident that Philip and Anne-Marie pass on the way to the countryside?
9. The nature of Dean's attraction to Anne-Marie seems to center around _______________.
10. Why does Philip chastise Anne-Marie in the hotel?
(a) She snores too loud.
(b) She throws ice at him.
(c) She gets drunk.
(d) She goes out in the hallway in her underwear.
11. Which family member of Anne-Marie's do Philip and Anne-Marie visit?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
12. What are Philip and Anne-Marie doing at the beginning of Chapter 32?
13. What does Philip tell Anne-Marie to wear less of?
(c) Hair spray.
14. What will the narrator not be able to watch Claude Picquet do this winter?
15. What is Anne-Marie's demeanor while at dinner with Philip and the narrator the next night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip ask Anne-Marie about the other women in the restaurant?
2. What does the narrator learn about Claude Picquet?
3. What does Philip do as he and Anne-Marie make love?
4. Who takes care of returning Philip's personal effects to his father?
5. What does Anne-Marie's mother think of her relationship with Philip?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)