|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and Anne-Marie meet some time after Philip's departure?
(a) The Wheatland house.
(b) Anne-Marie's apartment.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A museum.
2. What make of car is involved in the accident that Philip and Anne-Marie pass on the way to the countryside?
3. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator is in the process of documenting about Autun?
4. Why has Philip gone to visit his sister?
(a) Because she is ill.
(b) To get money.
(c) To attend a family funeral.
(d) She needs help moving.
5. What does Philip do before making love with Anne-Marie when they return to their hotel room?
(a) Has some wine.
(b) Admires himself naked in the mirror.
(c) Calls room service.
(d) Makes a couple phone calls.
6. What does Philip tell Anne-Marie to wear less of?
(d) Hair spray.
7. What trip do Philip and Anne-Marie decide on?
(a) A beach vacation.
(b) A hiking trip.
(c) A Caribbean cruise.
(d) A drive across the countryside?
8. Who takes care of returning Philip's personal effects to his father?
(b) The narrator.
9. Why is the narrator embarrassed at this point in his life?
(a) He doesn't have much money.
(b) He has no real friends.
(c) He doesn't have a good job.
(d) He is still single.
10. What does Anne-Marie do as she and Philip make love the next morning?
(a) Talks on the phone.
(b) Reads a magazine.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
11. What covers Anne-Marie's face after she and Philip make love?
12. Who waits with Philip and Anne-Marie during the rain shower?
(a) An acrobat.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A priest.
13. With what is Philip struggling?
(a) Memories of his mother.
(c) Guilty conscience.
(d) Premonitions of doom.
14. Which of the following does Anne-Marie NOT do after Philip dies?
(a) Lives a stable life.
(b) Goes to his grave in America.
(c) Starts a family.
(d) Gets married.
15. Which sexual roleplay scenario do Philip and Anne-Marie particularly enjoy?
(a) Doctor and patient.
(b) Professor and student.
(c) Boss and secretary.
(d) Policeman and prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of performance do Philip and Anne-Marie see while on their trip?
2. What is the state of Philip and Anne-Marie's relationship in Chapter 30?
3. What is Anne-Marie carrying when the narrator sees her on the sidewalk?
4. What does the narrator find in his apartment that reminds him of Philip?
5. What will the narrator not be able to watch Claude Picquet do this winter?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)