|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the narrator NOT do as he adjusts to Autun?
(a) Takes in the town's beauty.
(b) Strolls around the town.
(c) Makes renovations on the house.
(d) Appreciates the simplicity of village life.
2. What does the narrator think about a good-looking boy he sees at the bar?
(a) He will be good at seducing women.
(b) He would make a good soccer player.
(c) He should never have started smoking.
(d) He really needs a haircut.
3. What is the narrator's destination city?
4. Who becomes Philip's lover in Chapter 8?
5. What is the narrator's name?
(c) It is not revealed.
6. What does the narrator bring with him to the cafe every day?
7. Which of the following does NOT describe Philip's life now?
8. Which of the following best describes Philip?
9. What does Anne-Marie compliment about Philip when they return to Anne-Marie's room?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His hair.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His dancing.
10. The narrator believes that being alone is superior to ________________.
(a) Hurting someone.
(b) Losing someone.
(c) Chasing someone.
(d) Being with someone.
11. What is the surname of Billy's friends with whom the narrator and Philip have dinner?
12. Which of the following best describes the narrator?
13. What does Philip buy for Anne-Marie when they go shopping?
14. From what sport is Billy retired?
15. What was Cristina Wheatland's father's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following traits does NOT describe the narrator?
2. To whom is the narrator attracted?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Philip's car?
4. Why does Philip visit his father?
5. With whom is Cristina taking painting classes?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)