|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game are the local children playing when the narrator sees them?
2. Where will the narrator be staying while in Autun?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A Holiday Inn.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) A house owned by friends.
3. What is Philip's biggest dread regarding Anne-Marie?
(a) That she will want him to meet her family.
(b) That she will not marry him.
(c) That she will leave him.
(d) That she will get pregnant.
4. How did Philip's mother die when he was a boy?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Terminal illness.
5. Who is the waitress the narrator recalls from a previous visit to Autun?
(a) Cynthia Parquet.
(b) Jennie Patron.
(c) Claudia Piquet.
(d) Claude Piquet.
6. Who arrives unexpectedly in Autun?
(a) The narrator's ex-wife.
7. What season is it in Chapter 12?
8. Who is the waitress that the narrator meets while in his reverie of Autun?
(a) Madame Parquet.
(b) Jeanne Marie.
(c) Madame Picquet.
(d) Marne Beauchamps.
9. What do the narrator and the others see while strolling around town at three o'clock in the morning?
(a) A museum.
(b) A convent.
(c) A slaughterhouse.
(d) A whorehouse.
10. What does Philip admit to not having much of?
11. From what sport is Billy retired?
12. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with Claude?
(a) They used to date.
(b) They are dating casually.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) He has sexual fantasies of her.
13. Which of the following does NOT describe Philip's car?
(d) Late model.
14. Why are Philip pulled over by a policeman while in the car?
(a) He was driving erratically.
(b) He was driving on the wrong side of the road.
(c) His headlight was out.
(d) He was speeding.
15. Which scenario does the narrator NOT imagine regarding the waitress?
(a) He marries her.
(b) They make love.
(c) He casually runs into her.
(d) They talk for awhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the friends of the narrator's who own the house?
2. What is the narrator's destination city?
3. What body marks does the chubby woman on the train have?
4. Who is the only friend of Billy's that Cristina says she likes?
5. Which of the following does the narrator NOT do as he adjusts to Autun?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)