|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Billy make to the narrator?
(a) To stay in his New York apartment.
(b) To get his a job with his father's firm.
(c) To borrow his car.
(d) To stay at his house in Autun.
2. Which scenario does the narrator NOT imagine regarding the waitress?
(a) They make love.
(b) He casually runs into her.
(c) He marries her.
(d) They talk for awhile.
3. Which of the following do Philip and Anne-Marie NOT do the next day?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Walk along the river.
(c) Have breakfast in bed.
(d) Have sex.
4. Where is the narrator in reality in Chapter 2?
(a) A museum in London.
(b) An Army barracks in America.
(c) A night club in Berlin.
(d) A hotel room in Paris.
5. What game are the local children playing when the narrator sees them?
6. To where is the narrator traveling?
(a) The Italian Alps.
(b) The French countryside.
(c) His hometown.
(d) The Riviera beaches.
7. What is the narrator's name?
(b) It is not revealed.
8. Who is the young French girl drinking with the black American soldiers?
(c) Jeanne Marie.
9. What is the phase in a person's life when he abandons the world when it becomes too much to bear?
10. During what war time was Anne-Marie born?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War I.
11. What is the name of the friend who Cristina wants the narrator to meet at the party?
12. What is the name of Anne-Marie's friend who Philip meets?
13. Where do Philip and the narrator have dinner?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A hot dog stand.
(c) A seaside shack.
(d) The hotel where Claude works.
14. What does Cristina complain about when Philip visits her and Billy in Paris?
(a) Her lost luggage.
(b) How hot it is in the apartment.
(c) How little sex she and Billy have.
(d) The price of artichokes.
15. Who arrives unexpectedly in Autun?
(d) The narrator's ex-wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the narrator attracted?
2. From what sport is Billy retired?
3. What is the main reason Philip spends time with Anne-Marie.
4. What does the narrator spend most of his time doing these days?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Philip's car?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)