Chapters 1 - 3
1. Out of what city is the narrator traveling?
2. To where is the narrator traveling?
(a) The French countryside.
(b) His hometown.
(c) The Italian Alps.
(d) The Riviera beaches.
3. What is the narrator's destination city?
4. What body marks does the chubby woman on the train have?
(a) Purple birthmarks.
5. Where will the narrator be staying while in Autun?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) A house owned by friends.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A Holiday Inn.
6. Who are the friends of the narrator's who own the house?
(a) The Wheatlands.
(b) The Weatherleys.
(c) The Westons.
(d) The Westmorelands.
7. What is one thing that holds the narrator back in his living experience in Autun?
(a) His depression.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His imperfect French.
8. Which of the following does the narrator NOT do as he adjusts to Autun?
(a) Appreciates the simplicity of village life.
(b) Takes in the town's beauty.
(c) Makes renovations on the house.
(d) Strolls around the town.
This section contains 3,776 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)