|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom are Dirk Courtney and his men following when the lions attack the oxen?
2. Who spots the pair of lions?
3. Whose bodies are buried together?
4. What does Marion realize when she goes to pick mushrooms?
5. Which direction has the lioness taken her cubs to after she senses a change in the weather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be said of the relationship between Mark and Marion?
2. Why does Harry kill himself?
3. Why does the General appear so old when Mark goes to meet him?
4. What happens to Mark and Storm at the end of the book?
5. How do Mark and Pungushe lead Dirk and his company astray?
6. What is the incident that occurs when Mark and Pungushe are riding together?
7. What is the misunderstanding between Storm and Mark?
8. What are Hobday's crimes and who is noting them down?
9. How does the General get killed and by whom?
10. Why does Storm lose her temper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is the setting to the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How do all the objects used by the author lend credibility to the plot of the novel? Give examples of a few objects the author has used.
Essay Topic 3
Which character or characters play the role of an antagonist in the novel? How? Give examples.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)