|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does General Courtney visit Dicky Lancome?
2. Who is Storm?
3. Who grabs the last rail of the train leaving Ladyburg?
4. Who comes down with the malaria?
5. Who comes to Fergus MacDonald's house at dawn after Fergus receives the telegram from Mark Anders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the unwanted guest at the General's party, and what does Mark learn of him?
2. Whom does Mark meet at the studio?
3. What can be said about Storm Courtney's character?
4. What is the great emptiness that Mark's grandfather tells him about?
5. Who is Marion Littlejohn?
6. Why does Mark go to the library?
7. Describe the fighting scene between the Prime Minister, Mark Anders, and the General on one side with Fergus and his men on the other.
8. Why is the Prime Minister honored?
9. What does Mark see when he goes to Andersland?
10. Why did Dirk Courtney and his compatriots kill John Anders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the women in this novel, and what do they represent?
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, how does Wilbur Smith bring his characters to life?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the novel called A Sparrow Falls? What or whom does the word "sparrow" represent?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)