|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at Fergus MacDonald's house when people arrive at dawn?
2. Where is Mark Anders stuck when he is being retrieved by Fergus?
3. Why does Mark Anders write a letter to Marion?
4. Who shoots Mark Anders?
5. Who offers a job to Mark Anders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mark go to the library?
2. What is the great emptiness that Mark's grandfather tells him about?
3. What is the relationship between Dirk and Dennis?
4. How do Mark and Storm come to an agreement when it is time for him to leave?
5. Why does Mark go to the Post Office?
6. What scares Peter when he meets Dirk?
7. How does Mark betray his friend Fergus?
8. Where does Mark get his first job?
9. Why is the General disappointed when he goes to his office?
10. What do Fergus and his troops do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the novel called A Sparrow Falls? What or whom does the word "sparrow" represent?
Essay Topic 2
How are the male characters in this novel a representation of masculinity?
Essay Topic 3
Which character or characters play the role of an antagonist in the novel? How? Give examples.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)