|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mark Anders want the lioness to die?
(b) He does not care.
(d) He is not sure.
2. Whom does General Sean Courtney ask to survey Chaka's Gate?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Mark Anders.
(c) Prime Minister.
(d) Dirk Courtney.
3. In Chapter 125, what does Mark Anders think of Storm?
(a) That she has become old.
(b) That she has matured.
(c) That she become ugly.
(d) That she has become foolish.
4. Where does Sean Courtney want to return to after speaking to Mark Anders and knowing that he wants to leave?
(a) Lion's Kop.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Chaka's Gate.
5. Who falsifies the tracks made by the lion?
(a) Mark Anders.
(c) One of Dirk Courtney'smen.
(d) Mark Anders and Pungushe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Storm asking Mark Anders to do when he visits her studio?
2. Who is Hlubi?
3. Why is Mark Anders stunned when he talks to General Sean Courtney?
4. What are things Mark Anders generally carried with him when he travels?
5. What can be said of the character of Derek Hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mark and Storm at the end of the book?
2. Is Mark able to kill the lioness? Why or why not?
3. What is the change Mark notices when the General and the Prime Minister lose their seats in the Parliament?
4. How does the General get killed and by whom?
5. Why does Mark go to Umhlanga Rocks, and what does he see there?
6. When Mark and Storm are together in Chaka's gate, what is the sound they hear outside of their home?
7. What does Mark tell Storm to do when she tells him about all that the difficulties she has faced so far in her life?
8. Why does Mark feel a sense of purpose?
9. How do Mark and Pungushe lead Dirk and his company astray?
10. Why is the General angry when Mark gets money from Dirk?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)