|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets killed in the accident that Ruth is being told about on the phone?
(b) Mark Anders.
(d) John, Storm's son.
2. Who comes and tells Mark Anders about this grand grandfather's murderer?
(b) General Sean Courtney.
(d) Dirk Courtney.
3. Why is Mark Anders stunned when he talks to General Sean Courtney?
(a) Because he finds out that Storm is already married to someone else.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because he finds out that Storm is already a mother of a child.
(d) Because he finds out that Storm is carrying his child.
4. What is Mark Anders's reaction when he see General Sean Courtney?
(a) He is happy to see him smiling with open arms.
(b) He is shocked to see him grow very very thin.
(c) He is shocked to see him grow old.
(d) He is happy to see him glowing.
5. Where does Storm go the next day after spending the afternoon with Mark Anders?
(a) To Irene's.
(b) To her own home.
(c) None of the above.
(d) To another friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dirk Courtney ask to play the role of a doctor?
2. Are the men and Dirk Courtney able to find the lioness?
3. When Mark Anders visits Storm whom does he see with the baby?
4. What does General Sean Courtney tell Mark Anders about their seat in Parliament?
5. Who kills the soldiers when they are all bunched up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the General appear so old when Mark goes to meet him?
2. Is Mark able to kill the lioness? Why or why not?
3. How do Mark and Pungushe lead Dirk and his company astray?
4. What does Mark do when he meets Storm on the beach at Umhlanga Rocks?
5. What does Mark decide to do after he learns of his wife's death?
6. Why does Mark feel a sense of purpose?
7. What happens when Mark is out on one of his patrols in Chaka's Gate?
8. What is the change Mark notices when the General and the Prime Minister lose their seats in the Parliament?
9. What is the incident that occurs when Mark and Pungushe are riding together?
10. What does Mark tell Storm to do when she tells him about all that the difficulties she has faced so far in her life?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)