|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fergus MacDonald take Mark Anders to when the latter is visiting him?
(a) To the wine store.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the library.
(d) To a cellar.
2. Which is the station being isolated?
(a) There was no bombing.
(b) Newlands station.
(c) Dunswart station.
(d) Fordsburg station.
3. Who is responsible for John Anders's death?
(a) Dirk Courtney.
(b) Dicky Lancome.
4. How much money is bet?
(a) Forty thousand pounds.
(b) Fifty thousand pounds.
(c) Twenty thousand pounds.
(d) Ten thousand pounds.
5. Whom does Mark Anders propose to?
(a) The landlady.
(b) Marion Littlejohn.
(c) His co-worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is alone at home with Helena?
2. Who shoots Mark Anders?
3. Who authors a book which is considered a fine work?
4. Who comes to a truce of sorts with Mark Anders?
5. Who is Dennis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark fall into the river?
2. Why is the General disappointed when he goes to his office?
3. How do Mark and Storm come to an agreement when it is time for him to leave?
4. Why did Dirk Courtney and his compatriots kill John Anders?
5. Who is Marion Littlejohn?
6. Why does Mark feel a sense of destiny?
7. What is the great emptiness that Mark's grandfather tells him about?
8. What is the surprise Harry Fisher has for Mark?
9. Why does Mark go to the Post Office?
10. What does Mark see when he goes to Andersland?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)