|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The novel opens with a war in which country?
2. Why does Mark Anders write a letter to Marion?
(a) To tell her how much he hates her.
(b) To confess his love for her.
(c) To tell her that he is in love with someone else.
(d) To break off their engagement.
3. What does Mark Anders learn when he visits Andersland?
(a) That his grandfather is alive and well.
(b) That his grandfather is dead.
(c) That his grandfather is going to die soon.
(d) That his grandfather's possessions are all gone.
4. What does Mark Anders remember when the discussion on union workers is going on?
(a) He remembers his promise made to General Sean Courtney.
(b) He remembers the cellar of weapons.
(c) He remembers his promise made to Fergus MacDonald.
(d) He remembers about his letter to Marion.
5. Which man's animal wins?
(a) Dirk Courtney's.
(c) Dicky Lancome's.
(d) Mark Anders'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does John Anders go hunting with?
2. How much money is bet?
3. Who is Captain Michael Courtney's real father?
4. What happens at Fergus MacDonald's house when people arrive at dawn?
5. What is Chaka's gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dirk Courtney and his compatriots kill John Anders?
2. Why does Mark go to the Post Office?
3. What is the relationship between Dirk and Dennis?
4. What scares Peter when he meets Dirk?
5. Describe the fighting scene between the Prime Minister, Mark Anders, and the General on one side with Fergus and his men on the other.
6. How does Mark continue his research of the Courtney family?
7. What is the surprise Harry Fisher has for Mark?
8. What happens at Fergus's home after he gets the telegram?
9. Whom does Mark meet at the studio?
10. How do Mark and Storm come to an agreement when it is time for him to leave?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)