|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at Fergus MacDonald's house when people arrive at dawn?
(a) He shoots an officer.
(b) He shoots himself.
(c) He shoots Storm.
(d) He shoots Dicky Lancome.
2. Whose sentence is being carried out when Harry Fisher accuses the person of being a traitor?
(a) A striker's.
(b) A woman's.
(c) A traveler's.
(d) A shopkeeper's.
3. Who is Dennis Petersen?
(a) Director of the Ladyburg Estate.
(b) John Anders' brother.
(c) John Anders' lawyer.
(d) John Anders's power of attorney.
4. What are the feelings inside of Mark Anders when he sends a telegram?
(a) He has no feelings at all.
5. Who else apart from Dirk Courtney bets on money?
(b) Dicky Lancome.
(d) Mark Anders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men in the Cadillac get killed?
2. Who informs Dick Courtney about his encounter with Mark Anders?
3. Who is Lynette?
4. How much money is bet?
5. Whom does Mark Anders take for a drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conversation between Dicky Lancome and the General?
2. How does Mark fall into the river?
3. Why is the General disappointed when he goes to his office?
4. What is the great emptiness that Mark's grandfather tells him about?
5. Why does Mark go to the Post Office?
6. Why does Mark feel guilty when he is at the General's home talking to the Prime Minister?
7. Why did Dirk Courtney and his compatriots kill John Anders?
8. Who is Marion Littlejohn?
9. Who is the unwanted guest at the General's party, and what does Mark learn of him?
10. What do Fergus and his troops do?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)