|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves Antigua?
(c) The narrator.
2. What is held to raise funds to repair the library?
(a) An auction.
(b) A Teenage Pageant.
(c) A bake sale.
(d) An exhibition.
3. Where is the beauty locked up, according to Section 4?
(a) In a prison.
(b) In the minds of the natives.
(c) In hope and love.
(d) In the Government House.
4. Why were Africans brought to Antigua?
(a) To build homes.
(b) To teach the English about agriculture.
(c) They sought religious freedom.
(d) To be slaves.
5. What happens to the government official who investigates the murders of a calypso singer's sister and a European woman?
(a) He moves to Europe.
(b) He is electrocuted by his refrigerator.
(c) He disappears.
(d) He is bribed to discontinue his investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the African slaves cease to be noble and exalted?
2. When the English leave Antigua, what do Antiguans become?
3. Who may relent and assist in building a new library?
4. Who has green cards that allow them to escape to the United States?
5. How much money do the French send for development, though it mysteriously disappears?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)