|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who outbids the Antiguan government at an auction for slave records?
(a) The Lebanese.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The Syrians.
(d) The swindler from the Far East.
2. Why are slaves brought to Antigua?
(a) Slaves are not brought to Antigua.
(b) For entertainment.
(c) To populate the island.
(d) For prosperity.
3. How does the narrator describe the Africans?
(a) As noble and exalted.
(b) As excited to experience new things.
(c) As a selfish and miserable disease.
(d) As disheartened and homesick.
4. What do Antiguans worry that the Birds will be unwilling to relinquish?
(a) Their estate in Antigua.
(b) Their loving natures.
(c) Political power.
(d) Their immense wealth.
5. How does the narrator describe the pain of Antiguans?
(a) As unreal.
(b) As sad.
(c) As nonexistent.
(d) As irritating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose beautiful poorness is unreal?
2. What is held to raise funds to repair the library?
3. Who is not permitted time on the radio to defend themselves?
4. Who does the narrator see as innocent and naïve?
5. What is now situated above a dry-goods store?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)