|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of "A Small Place?"
2. What does the narrator's mother argue about with the Minister of Education, Culture and Sport?
(a) The Redonda stamps.
(b) Their favorite football team.
(c) Building the West Indies Oil Refinery.
(d) Rebuilding the library.
3. Who considers what being real people submerged in the unreality of Antigua must do to the people?
(a) The Antiguans.
(b) The headmistress of the girls' school.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The narrator.
4. According to the narrator in Section 3, what has become a tourist attraction?
(a) Antiguans' degradation.
(b) Antigua's historical monuments.
(c) Antiguans' poverty.
(d) Antigua's beauty.
5. What does a government official condone during a radio appearance?
(a) Building casinos.
(b) Establishing a labor union for Antiguans.
(c) Rebuilding the library.
(d) The Redonda stamps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What falls with an unreal force that tears up the earth?
2. How does the author describe how beautiful Antigua was before?
3. Who owns much land in Antigua?
4. Where does the narrator's friend travel?
5. Who is the Queen's stand-in in Antigua before the island becomes self-governing?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)