|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Antigua becomes self-governing, what happens to the Queen's stand-in?
(a) He becomes Prime Minister.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He becomes Premier.
(d) He becomes President.
2. When do the slaveholders cease to be selfish rubbish?
(a) After emancipation.
(b) When they bring slaves to Antigua.
(c) They are never selfish rubbish.
(d) They never cease to be selfish rubbish.
3. Who may relent and assist in building a new library?
(a) The Czechoslovakian refugee.
(b) The Mill Reef Club.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Barclay Bank.
4. What are used as havens for drug smuggling in Antigua?
(b) The Antiguans' homes.
(d) Car dealerships.
5. Who is in charge of the Treasury, Tourism and Public Works?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Bird's two sons.
(c) It changes annually.
(d) V. C. Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money do the French send for development, though it mysteriously disappears?
2. How does the narrator describe the English?
3. Why is the narrator offended by the reference to "her girls," as stated by the lady whose family established the Mill Reef Club?
4. What is held to raise funds to repair the library?
5. What adds to the surrealism of the island, according to Section 4?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)