|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is the only thing that tourists consider?
(a) Their desires.
(b) Their own comfort.
(c) The comfort of the natives.
(d) The desires of the natives.
2. What is the only offense the Czechoslovakian refugee accepts from his patients?
(a) Their ignorance.
(b) The color of the skin.
(c) Their dirtiness.
(d) Their sarcasm.
3. How are the tourists transported to their resorts?
(a) By bus.
(b) By taxi cab.
(c) By airplane.
(d) By walking.
4. What are the tourists normally reassured of?
(a) Their friendliness.
(b) Their ugliness.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their attractiveness.
5. What do the Barclay Brothers open to sustain their wealth?
(a) Barclay Bank.
(b) A dentist's office.
(c) The Mill Reef Club.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the resentment of a crime less effective and more degrading?
2. How do the tourists feel about the three similar objects that they pass?
3. Who owns much of Antigua?
4. What does the sign on the front of the library claim?
5. As a child, how did the narrator feel about the Government House?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrator at the end of Section 1, what is the association between all tourists and all natives?
2. When the English leave Antigua, what do they condemn, and what do they praise?
3. How is Queen Victoria celebrated in Antigua and England?
4. How do tourists view Antigua in comparison to nearby islands, and why?
5. What do the tourists think about the natives?
6. What does the taxi driver tell the tourists about the first mansion in Section 1?
7. What do tourists think about when they notice the expensive Japanese cars?
8. How do the English teach the Antiguans crime, according to the narrator in Section 2?
9. What does the taxi driver tell the tourists about the third mansion in Section 1?
10. What does the taxi driver tell the tourists about the second mansion in Section 1?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)