|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 1, what do the tourists pass three of?
2. Who does the narrator recall seeing disappear behind the walls of the Government House?
(a) No one.
(b) The Queen.
(c) A putty-faced Princess.
(d) The Prime Minister.
3. What do the English condemn?
(a) Their supposed superiority.
(c) The Antiguans' barbarity.
(d) Their attempts at Enlightenment.
4. Who does the narrator hate?
5. Who owns the second mansion described in Section 1?
(a) An infamous drug smuggler.
(c) A Middle Eastern family.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that Antiguans do not seem to realize?
2. In regard to the laws that the narrator recalls being passed, what do the English have difficulty determining?
3. What do the Antiguans celebrate as a holiday?
4. How do the tourists feel around the natives?
5. What are the tourists normally reassured of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do tourists view Antigua in comparison to nearby islands, and why?
2. How does the narrator view tourists, as described in Section 1?
3. What do the tourists not consider while swimming in the ocean?
4. How did the narrator feel about the Governor House as a child, and what did she see there?
5. What does the taxi driver tell the tourists about the third mansion in Section 1?
6. What do tourists consider, and what do they not consider?
7. How does the narrator feel about the English at the beginning of Section 2?
8. What role does language play in Section 2?
9. How does the narrator feel about Europeans, as described in Section 1?
10. What do tourists think about when they notice the expensive Japanese cars?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)