|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Czechoslovakian refugee require his wife to do?
(a) Work as a maid.
(b) Inspect his patients before he treats them.
(c) Interview his clients.
(d) Cook him dinner every night.
2. Whose girlfriend is the owner of the third mansion?
(a) Someone high up in the government.
(b) The swindler from the Far East.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The Prime Minister.
3. Where do the tourists finally arrive in Section 1?
(a) At their resort.
(b) In Antigua.
(c) At the hotel.
(d) At the narrator's house.
4. What indicates that the building is actually a school?
(b) A flag.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A sign.
5. How long have the owners of the first mansion lived in Antigua?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Czechoslovakian refugee trained as?
2. What are the Antiguans still being extorted for?
3. Who owns the third mansion described in Section 1?
4. What does the author say in Section 2 that the English teach the Antiguans?
5. How do the tourists feel around the natives?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the English leave Antigua, what do they condemn, and what do they praise?
2. How do the tourists react to the hospital, and what is the narrator's opinion about this?
3. How do tourists view Antigua in comparison to nearby islands, and why?
4. How does the narrator feel about the English at the beginning of Section 2?
5. What does the taxi driver tell the tourists about the first mansion in Section 1?
6. How does the narrator feel about Europeans, as described in Section 1?
7. How do the Barclay Brothers earn and sustain their wealth?
8. How do tourists arrive in Antigua, and what do they do upon their arrival?
9. What in Antigua is named after an English Princess, what happens before she visits the island, and why?
10. How do native Antiguans feel about the foreigners who inhabit their island, as described in Section 2?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)