|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say in Section 2 that the English steal from the Antiguans?
2. The tourists try not to dwell on the condition of what public facility?
(a) The police station.
(b) The mansions.
(c) The welfare office.
(d) The hospital.
3. How are the tourists transported to their resorts?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By taxi cab.
(c) By bus.
(d) By walking.
4. What do the English praise?
(a) The Antiguans' barbarity.
(b) Their own efforts toward Enlightenment.
(c) Their supposed superiority.
5. What indicates that the building is actually a school?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A sign.
(d) A flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the English think is stupid?
2. In comparison to Antigua, how are the nearby islands viewed?
3. How did the Barclay Brothers earn their wealth?
4. What does the narrator pity?
5. What does the author say in Section 2 that the English teach the Antiguans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What in Antigua is named after an English Princess, what happens before she visits the island, and why?
2. How does the narrator say Antiguans feel about capitalism, and why?
3. In Section 2, what laws does the narrator recall, and what complicated these laws?
4. How does the Czechoslovakian refugee earn his living, and how does he feel about native Antiguans?
5. How do tourists view Antigua in comparison to nearby islands, and why?
6. How is Queen Victoria celebrated in Antigua and England?
7. How does the narrator view tourists, as described in Section 1?
8. How did the narrator feel about the Governor House as a child, and what did she see there?
9. What does the narrator say about the library in Section 2?
10. What do the tourists think about the natives?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)