|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that Antiguans do not seem to realize?
(a) That Queen Victoria is dead.
(b) That many foreigners are loyal to Antigua.
(c) That many foreigners are racist.
(d) That Queen Victoria was English.
2. What is the Czechoslovakian refugee trained as?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A teacher.
3. What do North Americans found in Antigua?
(a) A dentist's office.
(b) A school for girls.
(c) Barclay Bank.
(d) The Mill Reef Club.
4. Where is Queen Victoria's death celebrated?
(a) In Antigua.
(b) In London.
(c) In America.
(d) At the school she attended in England.
5. What is harder for Antiguans to get than car loans?
(b) Student loans.
(c) Home loans.
(d) Fixed utility poles.
6. In comparison to Antigua, how are the nearby islands viewed?
(a) As too green.
(b) As too brown.
(c) As too dry.
(d) As too rainy.
7. Where do the tourists finally arrive in Section 1?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) In Antigua.
(c) At the narrator's house.
(d) At their resort.
8. What has changed since the narrator's youth?
(a) The Antiguan government.
(c) Slavery has been abolished.
(d) Her mother.
9. What is extremely dynamic in Antigua?
(a) The tourists.
(b) The culture and lifestyles.
(c) The English.
(d) The narrator.
10. What does the Czechoslovakian refugee require his wife to do?
(a) Cook him dinner every night.
(b) Work as a maid.
(c) Inspect his patients before he treats them.
(d) Interview his clients.
11. Who are presented as the protagonists of Section 2?
(a) The narrator and her family.
(c) The tourists.
(d) The English.
12. How do the North Americans feel about native Antiguans?
(a) They like them only as servants.
(b) They always hate them.
(c) They do not think about them at all.
(d) They think of them as family.
13. What do the tourists swim with?
(a) The contents of their flushed toilets.
(b) Lifeguards watching over them.
(c) The leftovers from their breakfast.
(d) Sharks that come near shore.
14. How do the tourists feel by the time they return to their homes?
15. What is admired about the island?
(a) Its heat.
(b) Its beauty.
(c) Its people.
Short Answer Questions
1. The tourists try not to dwell on the condition of what public facility?
2. Whose girlfriend is the owner of the third mansion?
3. Who does the narrator say has no language?
4. What is done so that the English Princess will have a favorable impression of Antigua?
5. How are the tourists transported to their resorts?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)