|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tourists try not to dwell on the condition of what public facility?
(a) The mansions.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The police station.
(d) The welfare office.
2. How does the author describe all tourists?
(a) As friendly.
(b) As stupid.
(c) As ugly.
(d) As attractive.
3. What is harder for Antiguans to get than car loans?
(a) Student loans.
(b) Fixed utility poles.
(c) Home loans.
4. Who arrives in Antigua at the beginning of Section 1?
(a) The headmistress of the girls' school.
(b) The narrator.
(d) The Swedish.
5. Who does not work for the Barclay Brothers for a long time?
(a) A man.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A woman.
(d) A black person.
6. What does the author say in Section 2 that the English teach the Antiguans?
7. What is the only offense the Czechoslovakian refugee accepts from his patients?
(a) Their dirtiness.
(b) Their sarcasm.
(c) The color of the skin.
(d) Their ignorance.
8. What does the Czechoslovakian refugee require his wife to do?
(a) Interview his clients.
(b) Cook him dinner every night.
(c) Inspect his patients before he treats them.
(d) Work as a maid.
9. How did the Barclay Brothers earn their wealth?
(a) By embezzling money from the Antiguan government.
(b) As owners of the Mill Reef Club.
(c) As slave-traders.
(d) As bankers.
10. How long have the owners of the first mansion lived in Antigua?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Twenty years.
11. According to the author, where do the tourists behave as normal people?
(b) There is no such thing as normal people.
(c) At home.
(d) In Antigua.
12. Since when has the library been closed?
(a) The Volcano Eruption of 1970.
(b) The Tsunami of 1980.
(c) The Earthquake of 1974.
(d) The Hurricane of 1977.
13. Who does the narrator recall seeing disappear behind the walls of the Government House?
(a) A putty-faced Princess.
(b) No one.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The Queen.
14. What do North Americans found in Antigua?
(a) A dentist's office.
(b) Barclay Bank.
(c) A school for girls.
(d) The Mill Reef Club.
15. Who are presented as the protagonists of Section 2?
(a) The tourists.
(c) The English.
(d) The narrator and her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the tourists not consider when swimming in the sea?
2. What kind of cars are predominant in Antigua?
3. Whose girlfriend is the owner of the third mansion?
4. What does the lush vegetation of the neighboring islands indicate?
5. How are the tourists transported to their resorts?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)