|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the car dealerships in Antigua?
(a) The Prime Minster.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The swindler from the Far East.
(d) Ministers of government.
2. What do the Antiguans celebrate as a holiday?
(a) The day that Antigua became a country.
(b) Queen Victoria's birthday.
(c) Their emancipation.
(d) The founding of the Mill Reef Club.
3. Who does the narrator hate?
4. What is done so that the English Princess will have a favorable impression of Antigua?
(a) The natives are gathered for a parade.
(b) The streets and buildings are repaired.
(c) English flags are flown from every possible pole.
(d) The hotel is lavishly decorated.
5. What does the Czechoslovakian refugee require his wife to do?
(a) Cook him dinner every night.
(b) Interview his clients.
(c) Inspect his patients before he treats them.
(d) Work as a maid.
6. What does the narrator say that Antiguans do not seem to realize?
(a) That Queen Victoria is dead.
(b) That many foreigners are loyal to Antigua.
(c) That Queen Victoria was English.
(d) That many foreigners are racist.
7. Who owns much of Antigua?
(a) A drug smuggler.
(b) The Middle Eastern family.
(c) The narrator.
8. When is the resentment of a crime less effective and more degrading?
(b) When it is expressed in the criminals' language.
(c) When the victim cries during the expression of their resentment.
(d) When it is non-verbal.
9. Who owns the third mansion described in Section 1?
(b) A Middle Eastern family.
(c) A drug smuggler.
(d) The narrator.
10. What does the author say is the only thing that tourists consider?
(a) Their desires.
(b) The desires of the natives.
(c) The comfort of the natives.
(d) Their own comfort.
11. Who does not work for the Barclay Brothers for a long time?
(a) A black person.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A man.
(d) A woman.
12. What do the tourists not consider when swimming in the sea?
(a) The risk of drowning.
(b) The lack of a sewage system.
(c) How cold it is.
(d) The possibility of sunburn.
13. What is the only offense the Czechoslovakian refugee accepts from his patients?
(a) Their dirtiness.
(b) Their ignorance.
(c) Their sarcasm.
(d) The color of the skin.
14. How do the Antiguans feel about the bad manners of foreigners?
15. What is named after an English Princess?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The library.
(c) The school.
(d) The airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Antiguans apathetic toward?
2. How does the author describe all tourists?
3. Who do the tourists see as superior to the natives and their ancestors?
4. What is the Czechoslovakian refugee trained as?
5. In comparison to Antigua, how are the nearby islands viewed?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)