|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the tourists feel about the three similar objects that they pass?
2. What do the English condemn?
(a) Their supposed superiority.
(b) The Antiguans' barbarity.
(c) Their attempts at Enlightenment.
3. What do the tourists wonder if the car owners have?
(a) Large families.
(b) A lot of money.
(c) Equally extravagant homes.
(d) Legal records.
4. Who constantly rebukes children for behaving like monkeys?
(a) The founders of the Mill Reef Club.
(b) The Czechoslovakian refugee.
(c) The headmistress of the girls' school.
(d) The Barclay Brothers.
5. Who is detained by customs searches?
(a) The tourists.
(b) The English.
(c) Native Antiguans.
(d) The narrator.
6. Who is the object of the narrator's reminiscences named after?
(a) The first Prime Minister of Antigua.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) An English maritime criminal.
7. How long have the owners of the first mansion lived in Antigua?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Two years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Six months.
8. How do the Antiguans feel about the owners of the first mansion?
(a) They are jealous of them.
(b) They hate them.
(c) They are close friends.
(d) They love them.
9. What do North Americans found in Antigua?
(a) A dentist's office.
(b) Barclay Bank.
(c) The Mill Reef Club.
(d) A school for girls.
10. What do the tourists ask to see which prevents them from being overcharged?
(a) The fee sheet.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The manager.
(d) The mansions.
11. Whose girlfriend is the owner of the third mansion?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) Someone high up in the government.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The swindler from the Far East.
12. What would become very important if there was a car accident?
(a) The school.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The library.
13. What do the tourists originally think the school is?
(a) The prison.
(b) Public latrine.
(d) The library.
14. What is extremely dynamic in Antigua?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The culture and lifestyles.
(c) The English.
(d) The tourists.
15. How are the tourists transported to their resorts?
(a) By taxi cab.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By bus.
(d) By walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that Antiguans do not seem to realize?
2. As slaves, what were the Antiguans considered not long ago?
3. How do the tourists feel around the natives?
4. Who does not work for the Barclay Brothers for a long time?
5. What does Section 2 compare and contrast?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)