|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say in Section 2 that the English teach the Antiguans?
2. What either frightens or thrills the tourists?
(a) The drivers' carelessness.
(b) The waves on the beach.
(c) The lack of rain.
(d) Landing in Antigua.
3. What is the old library now used as?
(a) The headquarters of a carnival troupe.
(b) A school.
(c) A library.
4. Who owns the first mansion described in Section 1?
(a) A drug dealer.
(c) The narrator.
(d) A Middle Eastern family.
5. What is more exaggerated in a small place like Antigua?
(a) The ambiguity of events.
(b) The corruption of government.
(d) Slavery and emancipation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the object of the narrator's reminiscences named after?
2. What happens to honest ministers which encourages other ministers to be corrupt?
3. Who are presented as the antagonists of Section 2?
4. Who is suspected of murder but never convicted?
5. Who do the tourists wonder at?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)