|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would become very important if there was a car accident?
(a) The library.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The school.
(d) The hotel.
2. According to the narrator, what do Americans constantly complain about?
(a) How much they miss England.
(c) The lack of sewage system in Antigua.
(d) The drier climate of Antigua.
3. Who do the English think is stupid?
(b) The narrator.
4. Whose suspicions of the narrator as a child were justified?
(a) The narrator's mother's.
(b) The head librarian's.
(c) The Primer Minister's.
(d) The headmistress of the narrator's school.
5. What does the narrator speak about to the lady whose family established the Mill Reef Club?
(a) Purchasing Antigua's slave records.
(b) Electing a new Prime Minister.
(c) Her family's history.
(d) Restoring the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Barclay Brothers earn their wealth?
2. Who may relent and assist in building a new library?
3. Who is the Queen's stand-in in Antigua before the island becomes self-governing?
4. What does Section 2 compare and contrast?
5. What do Antiguans call Bird's ruthless son?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)