|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother argue about with the Minister of Education, Culture and Sport?
(a) Building the West Indies Oil Refinery.
(b) Rebuilding the library.
(c) The Redonda stamps.
(d) Their favorite football team.
2. What is harder for Antiguans to get than car loans?
(a) Fixed utility poles.
(c) Student loans.
(d) Home loans.
3. How do people arrive in Antigua at the beginning of Section 1?
(a) By boat.
(b) By parachuting in.
(c) By V. C. Bird Marina.
(d) By V. C. Bird International Airport.
4. According to the narrator, what do Americans constantly complain about?
(a) How much they miss England.
(b) The drier climate of Antigua.
(d) The lack of sewage system in Antigua.
5. How do the North Americans feel about native Antiguans?
(a) They like them only as servants.
(b) They always hate them.
(c) They do not think about them at all.
(d) They think of them as family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the Treasury, Tourism and Public Works?
2. Where do the tourists finally arrive in Section 1?
3. As slaves, what were the Antiguans considered not long ago?
4. Who is suspected of murder but never convicted?
5. What did the Antiguans hope the second Prime Minister would bring to Antigua?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)