|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator hate?
2. What does the author say in Section 2 that the English teach the Antiguans?
3. What laws does the narrator recall being passed in her youth?
(a) Laws to prevent abusive language.
(b) Laws to prevent natives from entering public buildings.
(c) Laws prohibiting women from reading.
(d) Laws allowing the government to embezzle money.
4. Who owns the car dealerships in Antigua?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The swindler from the Far East.
(c) Ministers of government.
(d) The Prime Minster.
5. In comparison to Antigua, how are the nearby islands viewed?
(a) As too green.
(b) As too dry.
(c) As too rainy.
(d) As too brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Antiguans feel about the bad manners of foreigners?
2. How do the North Americans feel about native Antiguans?
3. What is done so that the English Princess will have a favorable impression of Antigua?
4. What do the tourists not consider when swimming in the sea?
5. What does the narrator say that Antiguans do not seem to realize?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)