|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the tourists originally think the school is?
(a) Public latrine.
(b) The prison.
(d) The library.
2. How do the Antiguans feel about the owners of the first mansion?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) They are jealous of them.
(c) They love them.
(d) They hate them.
3. What does Antigua's drier climate result from?
(a) Antigua does not have a drier climate.
(d) Greenhouse gases.
4. The tourists try not to dwell on the condition of what public facility?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The welfare office.
(c) The police station.
(d) The mansions.
5. Who owns the third mansion described in Section 1?
(a) The narrator.
(b) A drug smuggler.
(d) A Middle Eastern family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the tourists normally reassured of?
2. How does the author describe all tourists?
3. What do the natives do that the tourists do not suspect?
4. Who does Kincaid say is a potential tourist?
5. How do people arrive in Antigua at the beginning of Section 1?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)