|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Min tell Tree-ear he wanted the red and white pottery drained for the inlays?
(a) For it to be drained like the brown clay.
(b) For him to drain it only two times.
(c) As if for glaze.
(d) For it not to drain.
2. How did Min vary the etching work?
(a) Sketch the first vase then cut it.
(b) He didn't vary the work he sketched the entire design then cut it.
(c) Sketch the flowers, scoop them out, then draw the vines.
(d) Sketchy tracing alternating with the cutting out.
3. Who was waiting out on the road for Tree-ear the morning after he and Min unloaded the kiln?
(c) Min's wife.
(d) The royal emissary.
4. How is the wood laid in the kiln?
(a) In a square.
(b) It is placed in a straight line in the bottom of the kiln.
(c) In a complicated, criss-cross pattern.
(d) In a type of teepee formation.
5. When was Min's pieces ready for Tree-ear to take?
(a) At the end of spring.
(b) In the middle of the fall.
(c) In the middle of the summer.
(d) Toward the beginning of fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of the day did Min say they would remove the pieces from the kiln?
2. What kind of roof did the palace have?
3. What did Crane-man tell Tree-ear would be the greatest danger on his trip?
4. Why did Min smash all the vases that had inlays?
5. After Tree-ear fell on the path going down from the Rock, what thought gave him hope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tree-ear first do at the Rock of Falling Flowers?
2. What kindness did the emissary show Min?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Tree-ear finally tell Min and what does Min have Tree-ear do? What does Tree-ear realize he has learned when he performs his task?
4. What does Tree-ear give Crane-man before he leaves on his journey?
5. What does Min's wife request of Crane-man? What is his response? What is Tree-ear's response?
6. What does Min say to Tree-ear's suggestion and what is Tree-ear's response to her?
7. How does Crane-man feel when Tree-ear tells him of his proposal? What does Crane-man do for the trip? How does Min upset Tree-ear?
8. What does Min do over the next few months?
9. How does Tree-ear feel when he arrives back in Ch'ulp'o and where does Min's wife send him?
10. What does Tree-ear realize he can do?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)