|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crane-man tell Tree-ear when he arrived at the bridge in Chapter 9?
(a) He had found a jacket in the river.
(b) He had two pairs of sandals made for him.
(c) He had Tree-ear's bedroom ready.
(d) He had fish for dinner.
2. What does Min tell the emissary about bringing an inlay vessel to him later?
(a) He is too old to make the journey.
(b) He would send his brother.
(c) He would do it.
(d) He was retiring.
3. What did the bandit say to Tree-ear when a second man overcame the boy and Tree-ear still struggled?
(a) He didn't have anything they wanted.
(b) They only wanted his coins.
(c) To stop, or they would do worse than robbery.
(d) They only wanted food.
4. What did Tree-ear and Crane-man do at dusk the night before Tree-ear was leaving?
(a) Went to bed.
(b) Told stories.
(c) Skipped stones on the water.
(d) Sang a traveling song.
5. What did the bandits do with the two vases?
(a) Threw them off the cliff.
(b) Took them with them.
(c) Smashed them on the ground.
(d) Threw them at Tree-ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tree-ear do just before he started descending off the Rock?
2. What does Crane-man tell Tree-ear the first potters did?
3. Why didn't Tree-ear like the smile a man gave him at the Rock?
4. How did Min tell Tree-ear he wanted the red and white pottery drained for the inlays?
5. Where did Tree-ear fall asleep on his first night alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story behind the place called Rock of the Falling Flowers and what has Tree-ear promised Crane-man about the place?
2. How does Tree-ear feel when he arrives in Songdo and what happens at first about his request to the guards?
3. Who joins Tree-ear at the rock and what does Tree-ear realize?
4. Why does Min make multiple versions of the same pot?
5. What does Min do about the problem with the pots?
6. What does Min's wife request of Crane-man? What is his response? What is Tree-ear's response?
7. How does Tree-ear feel when he arrives back in Ch'ulp'o and where does Min's wife send him?
8. How does Tree-ear feel about what Min said to him?
9. What does the man first do to Tree-ear and how does Tree-ear respond?
10. What does Tree-ear give Crane-man before he leaves on his journey?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)