|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day was it when Tree-ear found the palace?
(b) Late in the afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
2. With what did they stuff the two vases that were packed in the basket?
(a) Rice straw.
(c) Old cloth.
3. Why was the bandit angry at Tree-ear?
(a) Tree-ear had no coins.
(b) The shirt was too small for him.
(c) There was no rice in the jiggeh.
(d) The sandals were too small for him.
4. What did Tree-ear tell the emissary was the number of pieces he will most likely receive from Min a year?
5. How did Min tell Tree-ear he wanted the red and white pottery drained for the inlays?
(a) For it to be drained like the brown clay.
(b) For him to drain it only two times.
(c) As if for glaze.
(d) For it not to drain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tree-ear's first thought about what Min said to him in question # 120?
2. What did Tree-ear decide about not being allowed to use the potter's wheel?
3. After Tree-ear fell on the path going down from the Rock, what thought gave him hope?
4. Why won't Min teach Tree-ear how to use the wheel?
5. What did Tree-ear begin to form with a ball of clay on his first night alone in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the emissary returns to the village?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Tree-ear finally tell Min and what does Min have Tree-ear do? What does Tree-ear realize he has learned when he performs his task?
3. What do Tree-ear and Min do with the pots early in the morning and what does Tree-ear to for several days after?
4. What does Tree-ear do on his first day back at the village?
5. What does Min do over the next few months?
6. How does Tree-ear feel when he arrives back in Ch'ulp'o and where does Min's wife send him?
7. What does Tree-ear first do at the Rock of Falling Flowers?
8. What does Min say to Tree-ear's suggestion and what is Tree-ear's response to her?
9. When is Min done with his vases and how is Crane-man involved?
10. Why does Min make multiple versions of the same pot?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)