|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worried Tree-ear about leaving Crane-man?
(a) How he would eat.
(b) He might lose his crutch.
(c) He would have no one to talk with.
(d) He might fall in the river.
2. What did Tree-ear think of himself after the bandits left?
(a) He was a failure.
(b) He was stupid.
(c) He was weak.
(d) He did the best he could.
3. What did Min say to Tree-ear when he came to check on the progress of the red and white clay?
(a) He took too long.
(b) It was gotten from the correct spot.
(c) It was the wrong clay.
(d) It needed another draining.
4. How did Tree-ear carry the vases?
(a) In a hand cart.
(b) In a leather backpack.
(c) In a cloth bag.
(d) On a jiggeh.
5. What did Tree-ear think would give him the strength to overcome the bandit?
(a) His faith.
(b) His determination.
(d) His year of hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Min's wife ask Crane-man to do while Tree-ear was gone?
2. What did Tree-ear see as one of the major differences between Min's inlay cuts and Kang's?
3. What did Min do after the inscribing and the inlay were done?
4. After Tree-ear fell on the path going down from the Rock, what thought gave him hope?
5. Why was Tree-ear happy with Min's behavior over the red and white clay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tree-ear and Min do with the pots early in the morning and what does Tree-ear to for several days after?
2. What does Min's wife request of Crane-man? What is his response? What is Tree-ear's response?
3. What does Tree-ear do when he finally is able to see the emissary?
4. What happens when the emissary returns to the village?
5. What does Crane-man finally end up doing about Min's wife's request?
6. What does Tree-ear give Crane-man before he leaves on his journey?
7. Who joins Tree-ear at the rock and what does Tree-ear realize?
8. What kindness did the emissary show Min?
9. What does the man first do to Tree-ear and how does Tree-ear respond?
10. Why does Min make multiple versions of the same pot?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)