|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tree-ear find at the end of each day on his journey for his first six days?
(a) He had plenty to eat.
(b) A temple.
(c) A village.
(d) He was getting less tired.
2. How long was Kang's commission to last?
(a) Two years.
(b) For his life.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. What did Crane-man tell Tree-ear would be the greatest danger on his trip?
(a) Wild animals.
(b) Government officials.
(d) Falling off a mountain path.
4. How often did Tree-ear eat on the second part of his journey?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every two days.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Every other day.
5. For what did Min hire Crane-man?
(a) To weed the garden.
(b) To weave the basket for the vases.
(c) To weave sandals for Tree-ear.
(d) To drain the clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tree-ear need to worry about as he fought with the bandit?
2. What did Min say about the gift Tree-ear had given Crane-man before he left?
3. What does Tree-ear think about as he and Min are hanging up clothes?
4. What did the bandit say to Tree-ear when a second man overcame the boy and Tree-ear still struggled?
5. What did Min's wife ask Crane-man to do while Tree-ear was gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Min about the emissary's kindness and what does Tree-ear tell Min's wife?
2. How does Tree-ear feel when he arrives back in Ch'ulp'o and where does Min's wife send him?
3. How does Tree-ear feel when he arrives in Songdo and what happens at first about his request to the guards?
4. How does Crane-man feel when Tree-ear tells him of his proposal? What does Crane-man do for the trip? How does Min upset Tree-ear?
5. What does Min's wife request of Crane-man? What is his response? What is Tree-ear's response?
6. What does Min's wife tell Tree-ear about a possible living arrangement? What does Min tell Tree-ear to do at the end of the book?
7. What is the story behind the place called Rock of the Falling Flowers and what has Tree-ear promised Crane-man about the place?
8. What does Tree-ear first do at the Rock of Falling Flowers?
9. What happens when the emissary returns to the village?
10. What does Min do about the problem with the pots?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)