|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Min insist upon that makes Tree-ear's job even more tedious?
(a) Processing the clay sometimes 4 or 5 times.
(b) Tree-ear must follow Min's helpful advice.
(c) Tree-ear must help Min sometimes.
(d) Tree-ear must stand as Tree-ear is working.
2. What did Crane-man try to do during the day when Tree-ear was working?
(a) Catch a rabbit.
(b) Catch a flounder.
(c) Bake bread with acorn flour.
(d) Sleep in the shade.
3. What is Min's response to Tree-ear's request?
(a) He says the apples are quite sour.
(b) He reluctantly agrees.
(c) He tells Tree-ear to take the crane figure to his guardian.
(d) He says he does not let anyone watch him work.
4. What does Tree-ear tell the farmer?
(a) About the hole in the rice bag.
(b) About the new family in town.
(c) Nothing; he is not allowed to talk to the farmer.
(d) About finding a piece of jade.
5. What sloshed out of two bowls that Kang was carrying while Tree-ear was watching him?
(b) Clay slip.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Tree-ear do the same thing for Min?
2. Why does Tree-ear decide to do what he did in question 48?
3. What was the farmer carrying?
4. Where did Tree-ear and Crane-man live during the winter?
5. What did Min tell Tree-ear to do about setting up the planks for his display?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exciting news reaches the village in Chapter 6?
2. What does Min do the first thing when Tree-ear arrives on his second morning?
3. What does the emissary do when he arrives at the village?
4. What does Tree-ear do at Min's house?
5. What is the third job to which Tree-ear is assigned and how does he do it?
6. What was Tree-ear doing when he saw a rice container had a leak?
7. What kind of work is cutting clay and what does Tree-ear remember while he is cutting?
8. What will Tree-ear and Crane-man have to do for the winter?
9. What does Tree-ear do about the problem with his food and what does he find to his surprise in his bowl?
10. What did Tree-ear do about the rice container? What was the farmer's response?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)