|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the village potters begin to do at the kiln?
(a) Load it with more pottery.
(b) Fight over taking turns.
(c) Pace restlessly.
(d) Use a different kind of wood.
2. Tree-ear prepares the clay for __________.
(a) The other potters since Min sells the clay in the village.
(b) The wheel.
(c) The kiln.
(d) Brick molds.
3. What did Crane-man try to do during the day when Tree-ear was working?
(a) Catch a flounder.
(b) Sleep in the shade.
(c) Bake bread with acorn flour.
(d) Catch a rabbit.
4. Where is Tree-ear assigned most recently?
(a) The quarry mines.
(b) The old forest.
(c) The river banks.
(d) The drain pits.
5. What is the name of the vase that has dozens of birds inlaid inside medallions surrounded by clouds?
(a) The Forging of a Thousand Sands Vase.
(b) The Vase of a Thousand Herons.
(c) The Cranes Landing Vase.
(d) Thousand Cranes Vase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tree-ear rotate doing?
2. Why did Tree-ear think Kang might have something special for the kiln?
3. What did Min tell Tree-ear to do about setting up the planks for his display?
4. What does Tree-ear do about the bowl?
5. What does Tree-ear learn quickly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tree-ear do about the rice container? What was the farmer's response?
2. What does Tree-ear do the day before the big event and what does Min order him to do?
3. Whom does Tree-ear see on his way to work one day and what does the incident suggest to Tree-ear?
4. What does Crane-man do during the day and what does he make Tree-ear?
5. What does Tree-ear do for the next eight days for Min?
6. What was Tree-ear doing when he saw a rice container had a leak?
7. What does Tree-ear do to pay for the box and how is he disappointed?
8. How does Crane-man feel about Tree-ear's behavior?
9. What does Min's wife give Tree-ear and what does Tree-ear do with the gift?
10. Why does Tree-ear feel guilty at home on his first night of work? What does he decide to do about his shame?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)