|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Min do the next morning when Tree-ear arrives?
(a) Shows him a new crane he is working on.
(b) Tells him to ask his wife for breakfast.
(c) Sends him back to the quarry.
(d) Yells at him.
2. How are orphans seen in Korea during Tree-ear's time?
(a) As immoral.
(b) As good luck.
(c) As bad luck.
(d) As no different than anyone else.
3. What excites Tree-ear?
(a) Catching a catfish.
(b) Min calling him son.
(c) Getting a hot meal.
(d) Catching some crawfish.
4. Where did Tree-ear used to live?
5. What does Tree-ear learn quickly?
(a) How to glaze Min's pots.
(b) How to stay on Min's good side.
(c) How to get clay.
(d) How to throw pots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a potter want a vessel off the shelf in the kiln?
2. What did Crane-man do sometimes at the rice fields?
3. What did Crane-man try to do during the day when Tree-ear was working?
4. What news did a boat bring to Tree-ear's village?
5. Where does Tree-ear hide his bowl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the third job to which Tree-ear is assigned and how does he do it?
2. How interesting is Tree-ear's third kind of job and why is it more difficult?
3. What did Tree-ear do about the rice container? What was the farmer's response?
4. What does Tree-ear do the day before the big event and what does Min order him to do?
5. How does Crane-man feel about Tree-ear's behavior?
6. How does Tree-ear break one of Min's boxes?
7. What does Tree-ear do with his bowl the next day of work and what happens to the food?
8. What was Tree-ear doing when he saw a rice container had a leak?
9. How does time pass for Tree-ear and his new job and what is the rotation of his jobs?
10. What does Min do the first thing when Tree-ear arrives on his second morning?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)