|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did Tree-ear eat on the second part of his journey?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Every two days.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every other day.
2. What did Tree-ear do to protect himself from the broken pottery?
(a) Wrapped it in his tunic.
(b) Wrapped it in his clay.
(c) Wrapped it in rice straw from his jiggeh.
(d) Wrapped it in the silk that was inside the pottery.
3. What did Tree-ear do just before he started descending off the Rock?
(a) Cut a walking stick.
(b) Picked up some rocks for weapons.
(c) Threw the jiggeh over the edge.
(d) Scanned the countryside for the men.
4. What traits did Tree-ear think were close companions?
(a) Carelessness and failure.
(b) Pride and foolishness.
(c) Foolishness and hurry.
(d) Pride and failure.
5. Why didn't Tree-ear like the smile a man gave him at the Rock?
(a) The man was looking at Tree-ear's jiggeh when he smiled.
(b) The smile did not reach his eyes.
(c) It was unpleasant.
(d) The man did not smile.
6. What time of day was it when Tree-ear found the palace?
(b) Late in the afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
7. Why did Tree-ear's attitude toward work change?
(a) He was tired of chopping wood.
(b) He lost his dream of being a potter.
(c) He was not making any money.
(d) He was spendning too much time away from Crane-man.
8. What did Min do differently at the kiln in Chapter 7?
(a) He stayed at the kiln thoughout the entire firing.
(b) He put more wood in to start.
(c) He put less wood in to start.
(d) He left as soon as the wood was lit.
9. How does Tree-ear get to the place Crane-man wants him to see?
(a) Walk up a small hill.
(b) Wade across a stream.
(c) Going through a small forest.
(d) Up a steep path.
10. How does Tree-ear act towards Crane-man when he comes back to the bridge after his pack is done?
11. After Tree-ear fell on the path going down from the Rock, what thought gave him hope?
(a) The second vase might not have broken.
(b) There might be half a vase left.
(c) The emissary is a kind man.
(d) He is young and can find a job in the city.
12. What song did Tree-ear begin to sing while he was walking?
(a) Min's throwing song.
(b) A marching song.
(c) A lullaby his mother sang to him.
(d) A song Crane-man taught him.
13. What did Tree-ear give Crane-man before he went on his journey?
(a) A clay rabbit.
(b) A clay monkey.
(c) Two coins from his string.
(d) A polished stone.
14. What did Tree-ear see in the market at Puyo that made him want to hurry to the end of his journey?
(a) The royal emissary's entourage.
(b) Some of Min's pottery.
(c) Pottery with inlays.
(d) A calendar showing that he had taken longer then he thought.
15. How many soldiers stood guard at the palace gate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tree-ear's first thought about what Min said to him in question # 120?
2. Where does the emissary wish Min to bring any inlay vessels he makes?
3. Who does Crane-man say kept him from going to the temple when he lost his home?
4. What did Tree-ear find to take to the palace?
5. Where did Tree-ear put his flint stones?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)