|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tree-ear get to the place Crane-man wants him to see?
(a) Going through a small forest.
(b) Up a steep path.
(c) Wade across a stream.
(d) Walk up a small hill.
2. What did Min do after the inscribing and the inlay were done?
(a) Remove the inlays for firing.
(b) Squared up the base of the vessel.
(c) Removed all excess slip.
(d) Put holes where the handles would go.
3. What was Min laughing at the first time Tree-ear ever heard him laugh?
(a) Tree-ear tripped over a tree root.
(b) Tree-ear told him one of Crane-man's stories.
(c) Tree-ear told him Kang's inlays were ugly.
(d) Tree-ear said Kang was clumsy.
4. What did Crane-man tell Tree-ear would be the greatest danger on his trip?
(a) Falling off a mountain path.
(c) Wild animals.
(d) Government officials.
5. What did the bandit say to Tree-ear when a second man overcame the boy and Tree-ear still struggled?
(a) He didn't have anything they wanted.
(b) They only wanted his coins.
(c) To stop, or they would do worse than robbery.
(d) They only wanted food.
6. After Tree-ear fell on the path going down from the Rock, what thought gave him hope?
(a) The emissary is a kind man.
(b) He is young and can find a job in the city.
(c) The second vase might not have broken.
(d) There might be half a vase left.
7. What did Crane-man tell Tree-ear about doors and wind?
(a) Doors shut with the the wind often slam.
(b) Doors create wind when they open or shut.
(c) The same wind that blows a door shut often opens another.
(d) Wind can be stopped by a door.
8. What did Min say about the gift Tree-ear had given Crane-man before he left?
(a) It was fine work.
(b) It was better than some Min has done.
(c) It was passaable.
(d) It was ugly.
9. What did Crane-man tell Tree-ear when he arrived at the bridge in Chapter 9?
(a) He had fish for dinner.
(b) He had found a jacket in the river.
(c) He had two pairs of sandals made for him.
(d) He had Tree-ear's bedroom ready.
10. What did Tree-ear see as one of the major differences between Min's inlay cuts and Kang's?
(a) Min's was finer and more detailed.
(b) Min's design was of animals not plants.
(c) Min's was more general.
(d) Min's design did not cover the entire vase.
11. Who was the first person Tree-ear talked to when he arrived back at the village?
(d) Min's wife.
12. What time of day was it when Tree-ear found the palace?
(c) Late in the afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
13. What did Tree-ear tell the emissary assistant when he said he would take whatever Tree-ear had to the emissary?
(a) He could show it only to the emissary.
(b) He didn't say anything.
(c) He needed to see the emissary.
(d) It was his honor to meet the emissary.
14. What did the man grab from Tree-ear?
(a) Tree-ear's pouch.
(b) Tree-ear's jiggeh.
(c) Tree-ear's sandals.
(d) Tree-ear's shirt.
15. What does Crane-man tell Tree-ear the first potters did?
(a) Considered pottery making a respected trade.
(b) Learned their trade by trial and error.
(c) Considered pottery an art, not a trade.
(d) Made objects for use, not beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the bandits do with the two vases?
2. At what time of the day did Min say they would remove the pieces from the kiln?
3. How did Tree-ear get back to his village?
4. What was the emissary doing when Tree-ear was brought before him?
5. What was Tree-ear's first thought about what Min said to him in question # 120?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)