|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many replicates and how many firing batches did Min do?
(a) Six replicates in two firings.
(b) Ten replicates in three firings.
(c) A dozen replicates in three firings.
(d) Four replicates in two firings.
2. What did Tree-ear do just before he started descending off the Rock?
(a) Threw the jiggeh over the edge.
(b) Scanned the countryside for the men.
(c) Picked up some rocks for weapons.
(d) Cut a walking stick.
3. What did Tree-ear give Crane-man before he went on his journey?
(a) Two coins from his string.
(b) A clay monkey.
(c) A clay rabbit.
(d) A polished stone.
4. What animal did Tree-ear see on his first night of sleeping alone in the woods?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A fox.
(c) A racoon.
(d) A snake.
5. How long was Kang's commission to last?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) For his life.
6. What does Crane-man tell Tree-ear about how to think of Tree-ear's journey?
(a) He will go with him.
(b) It won't be difficult.
(c) To take it one step at a time.
(d) He should ask the monks to borrow a donkey.
7. What did the bandit say to Tree-ear when a second man overcame the boy and Tree-ear still struggled?
(a) To stop, or they would do worse than robbery.
(b) They only wanted his coins.
(c) They only wanted food.
(d) He didn't have anything they wanted.
8. For what did Min hire Crane-man?
(a) To weave the basket for the vases.
(b) To drain the clay.
(c) To weave sandals for Tree-ear.
(d) To weed the garden.
9. Why was the bandit angry at Tree-ear?
(a) The shirt was too small for him.
(b) The sandals were too small for him.
(c) There was no rice in the jiggeh.
(d) Tree-ear had no coins.
10. What was Tree-ear's first thought about what Min said to him in question # 120?
(a) It was not his fault.
(b) Tree-ear did not consider himself clumsy.
(c) Min would change his mind.
(d) Tree-ear was old enough to chop wood.
11. How long did Tree-ear walk each day on the second part of his journey?
(a) From late morning to late afternoon.
(b) From sun-up to sun-down.
(c) From morning to dinner time.
(d) From early morning to dusk.
12. What did Tree-ear tell the emissary was the number of pieces he will most likely receive from Min a year?
13. What was contained in Tree-ear's food bag?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(b) Dried squid and rice cakes.
(c) Rice cakes and dried fruit.
(d) Dried fish and bread.
14. What did Tree-ear need to worry about as he fought with the bandit?
(a) Breaking a bone.
(b) The man killing him.
(c) Falling off the cliff.
(d) Hurting the man.
15. What did Min do differently at the kiln in Chapter 7?
(a) He stayed at the kiln thoughout the entire firing.
(b) He left as soon as the wood was lit.
(c) He put less wood in to start.
(d) He put more wood in to start.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crane-man often do when Tree-ear was coming home so late from work?
2. How did Tree-ear get back to his village?
3. What time of day was it when Tree-ear found the palace?
4. What was the name of the river Tree-ear could see from the Rock of Falling Flowers?
5. How is the wood laid in the kiln?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)