|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tree-ear hide his bowl?
(a) Under the porch.
(b) Under his robe.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the shed.
2. Why does Tree-ear feel guilty?
(a) For not saving some of his midday meal for Crane-man.
(b) For not being there when the boys were harassing Crane-man.
(c) For wishing to leave Crane-man.
(d) For being too tired to fish for Crane-man's dinner.
3. What is one thing Tree-ear inspects at Min's?
(a) A porcelein bear.
(b) A procelein seal.
(c) A melon-shaped bowl.
(d) A stoneware, heart-shaped bowl.
4. Tree-ear also prepares the clay for __________.
(b) The kiln.
(c) Min's brother.
(d) Pot molds.
5. What changed with Min about working on the potter's wheel?
(a) He used less water.
(b) His wife helped him on the wheel.
(c) He no longer sang at the wheel.
(d) He allowed Tree-ear to help him.
6. What type of pottery did Tree-ear plan to be his first one?
(a) A prunus vase.
(b) A water carrier.
(c) A cornus twist.
(d) A perfume bottle.
7. When would the potters find out the emissary's decision?
(a) In the next month.
(b) The next morning.
(c) In six weeks.
(d) In five months.
8. For how long does Tree-ear do the same thing for Min?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 1 month.
9. What does Min insist upon that makes Tree-ear's job even more tedious?
(a) Tree-ear must stand as Tree-ear is working.
(b) Tree-ear must help Min sometimes.
(c) Tree-ear must follow Min's helpful advice.
(d) Processing the clay sometimes 4 or 5 times.
10. Who is Crane-man?
(a) Tree-ear's guardian.
(b) The village school teacher.
(c) Tree-ear's best friend.
(d) Tree-ear's brother.
11. Why does Tree-ear ask this of Min?
(a) For payment for breaking the pottery.
(b) To satisfy his hunger.
(c) To cheer-up Crane-man.
(d) To see how Min made the boxes.
12. What does Min do the next morning when Tree-ear arrives?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Shows him a new crane he is working on.
(c) Tells him to ask his wife for breakfast.
(d) Sends him back to the quarry.
13. In which area of Korea is the novel set?
(a) The heart of Korea.
(b) Western coast.
(c) Northern mountains.
(d) Eastern coast.
14. What is Tree-ear's response to Crane-man's offer?
(a) He does not know his uncle.
(b) He does not want help.
(c) He does not want to be a healer.
(d) He is happy with Crane-man.
15. What did the village potters begin to do at the kiln?
(a) Use a different kind of wood.
(b) Load it with more pottery.
(c) Fight over taking turns.
(d) Pace restlessly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the object that Tree-ear is holding?
2. What did potters before Kang and Min try to do sometimes with red slip?
3. What does Crane-man offer?
4. What does Tree-ear rotate doing?
5. About what is Crane-man pleased?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)