|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the farmer carrying?
(a) A rice bag that has a leak.
(b) A hoe.
(c) A letter.
(d) A bag of turnips.
2. What happens when Tree-ear is told to leave Crane-man?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He is not told to leave Crane-man.
(c) He tells Crane-man he will come back for him.
(d) He brings Crane-man with him.
3. For how long does Tree-ear do the same thing for Min?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. Why does Tree-ear ask this of Min?
(a) To see how Min made the boxes.
(b) To cheer-up Crane-man.
(c) To satisfy his hunger.
(d) For payment for breaking the pottery.
5. What does Tree-ear rotate doing?
(a) Cutting clay, draining clay and weeding the garden.
(b) Cutting wood, cutting clay draining clay.
(c) Cutting wood, draining clay and weeding the garden.
(d) Cutting wood, cutting clay and weeding the garden.
6. What happens to the object that Tree-ear is holding?
(a) Tree-ear gives it to Min.
(b) Tree-ear drops it, and it breaks.
(c) Tree-ear asks to learn how to make it.
(d) Tree-ear gives it to Crane-man.
7. What does Tree-ear do about the bowl?
(a) He fills it with water, and the ants float away.
(b) He finds a more secure place to hide it.
(c) He asks Min for one.
(d) He decides to make a new one.
8. What does Tree-ear discover when he returns to his bowl?
(a) The bowl was gone.
(b) The food was covered in ants.
(c) The food had spoiled in the heat.
(d) An animal ate his food.
9. What is Tree-ear holding when Min comes out of the house?
(a) A nesting box.
(b) A stoneware pitcher.
(c) A graven plate.
(d) A porcelein crane.
10. What did Crane-man do sometimes at the rice fields?
(a) Begged for rice.
(c) Weaved mats and sandals out of rice straw.
(d) Talked to the women of the village.
11. What was Tree-ear supposed to do with the wood?
(a) Chop it into smaller pieces.
(b) Take it to the kiln site.
(c) Cover it so it didn't get wet.
(d) Stack it next to the house.
12. How are orphans seen in Korea during Tree-ear's time?
(a) As immoral.
(b) As no different than anyone else.
(c) As good luck.
(d) As bad luck.
13. What did the village potters begin to do at the kiln?
(a) Pace restlessly.
(b) Fight over taking turns.
(c) Load it with more pottery.
(d) Use a different kind of wood.
14. In which area of Korea is the novel set?
(a) Eastern coast.
(b) Western coast.
(c) Northern mountains.
(d) The heart of Korea.
15. What story does Crane-man tell Tree-ear?
(a) The prince and the peasant.
(b) The princess and the peasant.
(c) The story of how Tree-ear comes to live with Crane-man.
(d) The sea dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tree-ear used to live?
2. What does Tree-ear mix with the clay?
3. Where did the emissary and his entourage spend the night at Tree-ear's village?
4. Why did Tree-ear think Kang might have something special for the kiln?
5. What kind of branch did Tree-ear bring Min for a vase on display?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)