|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the fire lit in the kiln?
(a) With a match stick.
(b) With a flint stone.
(c) By rubbing two sticks together.
(d) With a live coal from the household fire.
2. What did Crane-man tell Tree-ear about doors and wind?
(a) Doors create wind when they open or shut.
(b) The same wind that blows a door shut often opens another.
(c) Doors shut with the the wind often slam.
(d) Wind can be stopped by a door.
3. Tree-ear prepares the clay for __________.
(a) Brick molds.
(b) The other potters since Min sells the clay in the village.
(c) The wheel.
(d) The kiln.
4. With what did Min remove the hot vessels from the kiln?
(a) Large chopsticks.
(b) Metal tongs.
(c) Wooden tongs.
(d) Cloth pot holders.
5. Where was the palace located in the city?
(a) On the north side.
(b) In the center.
(c) On the edge of town.
(d) On the south side.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what century is A Single Shard set?
2. What happens to Tree-ear as a result of the day's work?
3. Where does Tree-ear go after working?
4. How did Min vary the etching work?
5. What did Crane-man do when Tree-ear yelled at him about Min's wife?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)