|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crane-man tell Tree-ear about a long kept tradition?
(a) Traditions should change every ten years.
(b) It is silly to have a long kept tradition.
(c) It can be stronger than law.
(d) There is no law that governs tradition.
2. What did Crane-man often do when Tree-ear was coming home so late from work?
(a) Had him take a bath before bed.
(b) Made him go to bed immediately.
(c) Told him stories.
(d) Complained about dinner being late.
3. At what time of the day did Min say they would remove the pieces from the kiln?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At noon.
(c) It the morning.
(d) At dark.
4. Where does Min send Tree-ear the second day?
(a) To help a potter who is ill.
(b) To get wood.
(c) To get straw.
(d) To weed the garden.
5. What does Crane-man tell Tree-ear the first potters did?
(a) Considered pottery making a respected trade.
(b) Learned their trade by trial and error.
(c) Considered pottery an art, not a trade.
(d) Made objects for use, not beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Min's response to Tree-ear's request?
2. With what did they stuff the two vases that were packed in the basket?
3. Why did Tree-ear visit the kiln every night in Chapter 6?
4. What did Tree-ear do at Min's house the day the emissary awarded the commission to Kang?
5. What was contained in Tree-ear's food bag?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)