|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tree-ear tell the farmer?
(a) Nothing; he is not allowed to talk to the farmer.
(b) About finding a piece of jade.
(c) About the new family in town.
(d) About the hole in the rice bag.
2. What was the farmer carrying?
(a) A letter.
(b) A hoe.
(c) A bag of turnips.
(d) A rice bag that has a leak.
3. Why won't Min teach Tree-ear how to use the wheel?
(a) Min doesn't have time.
(b) Tree-ear is too clumsy.
(c) Tree-ear is too young.
(d) Tree-ear is not his son.
4. Why did Tree-ear think Kang might have something special for the kiln?
(a) He posted a sign saying the kiln was full but it shouldn't have been.
(b) He went to the kiln at midnight.
(c) He went to the kiln the long way through the woods.
(d) The wheel barrel he pushed to the kiln was covered.
5. What changed with Min about working on the potter's wheel?
(a) He allowed Tree-ear to help him.
(b) He used less water.
(c) He no longer sang at the wheel.
(d) His wife helped him on the wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Crane-man tell Tree-ear?
2. Where did Tree-ear used to live?
3. What happens to the vessels if the heat in the kiln rises too fast?
4. What happens to the object that Tree-ear is holding?
5. What sloshed out of two bowls that Kang was carrying while Tree-ear was watching him?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)