|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the farmer carrying?
(a) A letter.
(b) A hoe.
(c) A rice bag that has a leak.
(d) A bag of turnips.
2. How is the wood laid in the kiln?
(a) In a square.
(b) It is placed in a straight line in the bottom of the kiln.
(c) In a complicated, criss-cross pattern.
(d) In a type of teepee formation.
3. What does Tree-ear do when he does not find Min?
(a) Sneaks into Min's yard to look at his work.
(b) Sits outside the yard and waits.
(c) Goes to see Chang.
(d) Goes back to Crane-man.
4. Tree-ear prepares the clay for __________.
(a) Brick molds.
(b) The wheel.
(c) The other potters since Min sells the clay in the village.
(d) The kiln.
5. What opens up when the winter storms stop?
(a) Sea-trade routes.
(b) The forest paths.
(c) The frozen river.
(d) The mountain passes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tree-ear do at Min's house the day the emissary awarded the commission to Kang?
2. What did Crane-man often do when Tree-ear was coming home so late from work?
3. In what century is A Single Shard set?
4. What happens to the object that Tree-ear is holding?
5. What did Crane-man do sometimes at the rice fields?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)