|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Crane-man tell Tree-ear?
(a) The princess and the peasant.
(b) The story of how Tree-ear comes to live with Crane-man.
(c) The sea dragons.
(d) The prince and the peasant.
2. What did the village potters begin to do at the kiln?
(a) Use a different kind of wood.
(b) Pace restlessly.
(c) Fight over taking turns.
(d) Load it with more pottery.
3. What does Tree-ear do when he does not find Min?
(a) Goes to see Chang.
(b) Sneaks into Min's yard to look at his work.
(c) Sits outside the yard and waits.
(d) Goes back to Crane-man.
4. Why did monks sendTree-ear to Ch'ulp'o?
(a) To look for his uncle.
(b) To look for his grandfather.
(c) To look for his older brother.
(d) To look for his older sister.
5. What does the farmer do for Tree-ear?
(a) Allows him the spilled rice.
(b) Gives him permission to dig clay in his fallow field.
(c) Hires him to catch his chickens.
(d) Hires him to weed his family garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Min tell the emissary about bringing an inlay vessel to him later?
2. Why won't Min teach Tree-ear how to use the wheel?
3. Where does Tree-ear hide his bowl?
4. Why did Tree-ear visit the kiln every night in Chapter 6?
5. What did Min do differently at the kiln in Chapter 7?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)